Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Incomplete. Some products failed to install. Error code:1603

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
souvikbiswas980
1099 Views, 10 Replies

Installation Incomplete. Some products failed to install. Error code:1603

I am trying to install 3ds max for the 16th or 17th time but getting the same message as shown below.Screenshot (224).png

This is the error I get while installing 3ds max.

Not only with max but also with Revit and Autocad the same error appears.

The things I have already tried:

1. Clean uninstallation then reinstalling.
  2. Long file name change in the registry as told in one of the Autodesk forums.
  3. Making space in the windows drive and the drive I am trying to install the program.
  4. .NET framework and C++ Redistributables uninstalled and installed the ones that comes with the setup.
  5. Using the .msi setup from the (x64) folder instead of the Setup.exe.
  6. Uninstalled all the Autodesk products as mentioned before.

I have tried everything but still can't get the programs to install. It happens with Autocad, Revit and 3ds Max.

I am also attaching my setup log file in case it helps.

Thank you in advance as I have received much help from this community before too.

Thank you again.

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

what is your computer specifcations sometime it's down you not having enough ram inside your computer

sometimes it's down to windows not been upto date and other times

check this link out see if it helps https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

Message 3 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Processor: Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable) 

System type: 64-bit Operating System

As I have mentioned in the post that I had already installed the softwares before and used it for many years. This problem began recently and so I tried uninstalling any Autodesk product from my system.

Message 5 of 11

I have tried both the Autodesk and the Windows forum for this issue and the link you have provided only offers the solution in terms of re-establishing the whole system with reinstallation of windows (which is not a good solution since I have other work on my system) and creating a temp file in the C drive of system(which I already have).

So none of the above solution will work.

Message 6 of 11

so what happened last time when you got it to work? why did you remove it?

from what i am seeing you only have 8gb which is recommended whatever you have on your system all takes up memory. so i would increase your ram to about 10 gb or even higher, 

you could try adding a new windows user, and seeing if that will work,

Message 7 of 11

I had to remove it because the thing I was looking for wasn't available in 3ds Max but now I have other work for it.

In the case of Revit, I tried opening it and it showed me a "vcruntime140_1.dll not found" error so I removed it too.

And rest assured I have been working with even lower RAM and it installs and runs fine. It's not the RAM which is the problem.

Message 8 of 11

all you can do is is search online 3ds max error 1603 which mainly comes down to memory, and you say this is not the problem then i cannot help anymore

best of luck to you maybe @Mark.Lancaster can help you when he is online.

3ds max 1603 error messages

Message 9 of 11

Thank you. I am waiting for @Mark.Lancaster to be online and solve my issue.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: souvikbiswas980

Have you contacted Autodesk support? Mark isn't paid to solve your issues... Autodesk support is.

Message 11 of 11
m_latz
in reply to: souvikbiswas980

Just looked at your log file and I saw that you get the "license error".

Can you please go to the website Autodesk Licensing Service download

and download there the newest license service, follow the instructions (unblock ...) there and run the installer "As Administrator"

RunAsAdmin.png

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report