Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation failure - uninstalled 2016 trying to install 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
377 Views, 2 Replies

Installation failure - uninstalled 2016 trying to install 2014

I first downloaded AutoCAD I believe for the 30 day free trial with the 2016 software, once I began classes at Moore College of Art for a certificate of interior design we started using AutoCAD 2014 and I learned I wouldnt be able to edit the files between the different versions, so my teacher told me to get 2014 I would have to add my student email and to uninstall 2016 and install 2014 and I should get at least a free year, so I updated my profile, uninstalled 2016 and restarted my computer which has windows 8, then I attempted a few times to install under the student category of the AutoDesk website the 2014 version with the install taking a good half hour every time and at the finish showsing me a screen that everything failed. I am trying to figure out what is wrong, I have been using Google Chrome and wiped out my cookies also before trying this last time. I am behind on my school work because I havent been able to use the software at home and end up staying late in the CAD lab at school and I am still behind, someone please help!

Thanks, Kristen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello KristenMM and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If the link(s) helped resolve your issue, please reply with the steps taken and accept your post as a solution so that others can benefit from the information.

If not, please reply with additional details so that other community members can assist. Details may include relevant screenshots, error messages, system specifications, browser type, or any other information that you think may help.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a lot of things wrong in your entire problem description - 

Autodesk products are free to schools - so your school should be using 2016, your instructor should know this.

You can edit AutoCAD 2016 files in 2014, so there is no reason you couldn't use 2016. Your instructor should know this.

You did not need to unistall 2016 to also have 2014 (which you don't really need).  Your instructor should know this.

You could have simply gotten a free 3-yr student license from the Autodesk Student Community, your instructor should know this.

Now you have a bunch of work ahead of you to solve what was a non-probem, maybe your instructor can help you with this.

Find the AutoCAD Clean Uninstall instructions and after completing those instructions I will walk you through downloading 2014 from the Autodesk Virtual Agent and getting it installed to satisfy your instructor's comfort with older release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report