Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install Fusion 360 on second computer (educational licene)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
566 Views, 8 Replies

install Fusion 360 on second computer (educational licene)

I've been trying to install Fusion on my desktop computer that has a better graphics card and CPU than my laptop.

Yet I'm being confronted with the "Sign in Failure: There was an error while logging into Fusion 360" popup 

I don't think any of the potential causes:

Applies to me.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you are logged out of the other account on the other computer.  I suspect that one of the issues in that list applies to you or you wouldn't get that error.  Possibly firewall or some Internet protection software like Symantec or similar.  If you have any of those garbage "protection" programs installed on your new computer, uninstall them.  They don't work and behave like a virus does anyway. 

Symantec internet protection (and other AV solutions) keeps you from using the Internet, takes up system memory, and pops up reminding you to pay them.   You know what  that sounds like to me?  A virus.  Smiley LOL

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear this. Please try the recommended suggestions. The health board shows that Fusion 360 is accessible & working as expected. 

If you need some help figuring out how to troubleshoot some of these issues, please click the links provided below: 

Let us know how it goes. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 9
leowarren34
in reply to: TravisNave

Very good @TravisNave, also maybe a fake av? Solve all your non existant problems for a small price of...

@Anonymous Should be able to run as edu licenses can install on 2 machines at once, install as admin with AV disabled?

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Hello Leo

Should be able to run as edu licenses can install on 2 machines at once, install as admin with AV disabled?

0EM3A00000gggcU - Copy.png

I should be able to.

I always "run as administrator" when installing new programs, other than malwarebytes there is no anti virus running on my windows desktop. I'm pretty sure that's not what's causing the issue, if it were the windows av causing it I would have probably gotten an pop-up on installing 360 in the first place.

Message 6 of 9
leowarren34

Is Fusion 360 in https://manage.autodesk.com?

Else you'll need to request it.

As for other sign in errors, do you have a stable connection?

Leo Warren
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Under "All Products & Services" 

The buttons to the right of 'Fusion 360 Ultimate for Students ' and 'Fusion 360 ultimate for Students 1 seats student single-user' say 'download now' ?

However the 'Fusion 360 Ultimate for Students ' is currently downloaded.

Does requesting a product equate to being able to press 'download now' instead of 'acces now' ?

Or is this something else ?

Message 8 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Please review the steps provide in my initial post you will need to temporarily disable your Antivirus, Firewall etc. to access Fusion 360. Fusion 360 is strictly cloud-based & requires uninterrupted access to the internet. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 9 of 9
leowarren34

@Anonymous 

Download now and get access are the same thing, both give you access and an sn.

Run as admin and follow Natashas steps.

Leo Warren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report