Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install failed when updating revit 2017.1

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
2591 Views, 18 Replies

Install failed when updating revit 2017.1

hello can anybody help me, i am getting a error when trying to install revit 2017.1. it says "installation encourtered an unexpected erroe. error code: (2147958018)

As anybody experience this before ? 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Apologies for the trouble installing Revit 2017.1. I am assuming you are attempting to install this from the desktop app? Can you make sure that you are signed into the desktop app and then retry the install from it? You can also redownload from within your Autodesk Account.

Let me know how it goes. Happy to help further.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 19
jamisonj1998
in reply to: matthew.d

I have the same problem. I am logged in and i have tried thru the desktop app and downloaded it separately, and still it fails to install.

Message 4 of 19
natasha.l
in reply to: jamisonj1998

Hello @jamisonj1998,

It seems like you may have a connectivity issue. To help resolve this issue I would reset the internet connection settings to default, also make sure you disable anything preventing a good connection. 

Reset Internet Options:

1. Clear the browser cache
  2. Browse to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Internet Option
  3. In the Advanced tab > Reset button to reset Internet Explorer's settings to the defaults
  4. In the Security tab, select Reset All Zones to Default level
  5. In the Content tab, select Clear SSL state
  6. Select Apply

In the Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Connections tab >> LAN settings >> Do you have automatically detect settings enabled?

internet options.png

I hope this answered your question or resolved the issue, if so please click

Kudos or the "thumbs-up!" icon.

Did my response help resolve the issue? Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

hello Natasha, I have tried to reset my internet settings but it is still giving me the error. I am logged in but it gives me the error as shown in the attachment. 

Message 6 of 19
jamisonj1998

I get that same error. Also from when I tried to use the downloaded update.

Message 7 of 19
jamisonj1998

I get that same error. Also from when I tried to use the downloaded update.

Message 8 of 19

This is an interesting failure that I have not been able to reproduce so far. Can you try the following steps and see if they resolve this problem?

Log-in as a user with administrative privileges.

1. Disable any virus scanning software.
  2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Windows temp folder (accessible by typing %temp% in the address bar) and delete the contents of this folder.
  3. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the C:\Users\<user_name>\Downloads\9CA05B9A-1704-0510-A1B4-7FC9D993B086 folder.
  4. Delete the file named Autodesk_Revit_2017.1.exe.
  5. Open Autodesk Desktop App and click the Update button associated with the Revit 2017.1 Update.
  6. If prompted to allow the following program to make changes, click Yes.

Deleting the EXE file forces a new copy to be downloaded, which should help in the event that the originally downloaded EXE file was corrupt. If you still encounter a problem with the installation of the update, please go to the Windows temp folder and locate the log with a name similar to Autodesk_Revit_2017.1_Update.Setup_20161101135443_{7346B4A0-1700-0510-0000-705C0D862004}_000_Revit2017.log. If you could share this log file, we should be able to investigate the failure further.

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 9 of 19

Still a no go on the installation. here is the log file you asked for.

Message 10 of 19

After looking at your log file, it appears that the installation failure is caused by an invalid J:\ drive reference, which generates a 1327 error.  Based upon the remainder of your log file, it appears that the J:\ drive is where your content files are located.  My next suggestion would be to try the recommendations in this article and see if they help to alleviate this problem.

Tony Michniewicz
Message 11 of 19

Thank you that did the trick. I have had the error pop up before.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

Can anybody help me out, i dont understand how to perform these instructions to try and get my updates working:

Try one or more of the following workarounds:

• Have the Administrator try running the installation.
  • Make sure that you are properly logged in, and that the mapped drive is accessible.
  • Make sure that you have proper permissions to use the mapped drive.
  • Disconnect the mapped drive.
  • From an MS-DOS prompt, use the SUBST command to map the invalid drive to the temp folder on drive C.
    Example:
  • To map an invalid drive T to the temp folder on drive C, enter subst t: c:\temp at the MS-DOS prompt.
  • To delete the mapping, enter subst t: /d at the MS-DOS prompt.

I dont want to uninstall my Revit 2017, is there an easier way to get it to work ?

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

This is my error message: 

Autodesk uses the Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) engine to install applications and updates delivered by the Autodesk desktop app.

If an application or update fails to install, the MSI engine may display an error message using one of the following error codes as a reference. If the reported error code you received is not listed, refer to Windows Installer Error Messages on the Microsoft Developer Network web site 

Message 14 of 19
jamisonj1998

Kieranathey1 go to your start menu, if you have windows 7 type CMD in the run/serach bar then right click on the cmd application to run as administrator. Then enter the following command subst t: c:\temp  . (first make sure you have a C:\Temp Folder) you can leave the CMD window up, run the update again, if it works (It did for me) then you can enter the command subst t: /d . Now the T: in this command is just an example, replace T: with the Drive letter for your system/network.

Good luck, I hope that it works for you.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: jamisonj1998

Jamie that doesn't seem to work for me, il keep trying 

Message 16 of 19
Tony_Michniewicz

It is possible that the issue blocking the installation of the Revit 2017.1 Update is different from other users.  With that in mind, it would be helpful to get a copy of your install log file (it should be named similar to Autodesk_Revit_2017.1_Update.Setup_20161101135443_{7346B4A0-1700-0510-0000-705C0D862004}_000_Revit2017.log).  This should allow us to identify the cause of your installation failure and then we can work on addressing it.

Tony Michniewicz
Message 17 of 19
dgunter
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

I am not getting any error messages but the install just stops almost half way through.

Message 18 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: dgunter

@dgunter

Hopefully the Autodesk people will chime back in and look at your log file..  Smiley Wink  I will also tag @Darin.Green for his input.  Your log file has a lot of stuff in it but nothing jumps out at me what may be causing the issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 19 of 19
natasha.l
in reply to: dgunter

Hello @dgunter,

You are trying to install the updates from your Autodesk Account as a Subscription customer and the install is hanging. I would check your internet connection and temporarily disable antivirus & firewall. Make sure the download was not interrupted and select the Browser Download option. (Instructions here> Apply Updates from your Autodesk Account)

If you have select Browser Download, close the installer shut down the computer run the .exe file again from the Download folder (ctrl + J)

Please let us know how it goes. Thank you for posting. Smiley Happy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report