Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Error 8

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
merrittamanti
40673 Views, 28 Replies

Install Error 8

I'm trying to install Autocad Architecture (via the free trial first) and once I begin installation, after a few seconds, it aborts and says "error 8." Any idea what to do? 

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
david.lau
in reply to: merrittamanti

Do this before running the installer for the trial version....

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/quick-start-general-installation-workflow.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 29
krstrstk65
in reply to: david.lau

I'm having the same problem with downloading Maya.  As soon as I click to download, Install Error 8 comes up.

Message 4 of 29
david.lau
in reply to: krstrstk65

Did you see the solution above?

David Lau
Message 5 of 29
krstrstk65
in reply to: david.lau

I have been trying and still does not work.  I keep getting a corrupt downloaded exe file.  I am supposed to get a file that is 3 GB or so (I click "INSTALL NOW").  Instead, my exe files I get are only 300 KB.

Message 6 of 29
lynn_zhang
in reply to: krstrstk65

Hi @krstrstk65 Please disable your firewall and anti-virus programs, and download the software again from our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version). Hope this helps!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 7 of 29
tang_jing
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I also meet the same error 8 when starting install. I read the link your above reply. But it does not work.

Message 8 of 29
lynn_zhang
in reply to: tang_jing

Hi @tang_jing Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Did you mean you have tried the solution in this link: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/quick-start-general-installation-workflow.html ? What about re-download the software from Virtual Agent?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 9 of 29
gsolo

I have also experienced mysterious Error 8 while trying to download a trial version of Revit.  My system was recently upgraded to Windows 10.  Not sure if that is the issue but I did follow the proceedures suggested in the previous posts without any luck.

Message 10 of 29
matthew.d
in reply to: gsolo

Hi @gsolo,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Windows 10 is not yet officially support in Revit. Try the above solutions and also try redownloading and installing. 

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 11 of 29
lucasaltic

lynn.zhang wrote:

Hi @krstrstk65 Please disable your firewall and anti-virus programs, and download the software again from our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version). Hope this helps!

Hello.  The download links to Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2016 64 Bit take me to a 404 Error Page.  Can you fix this?

Message 12 of 29
hubro
in reply to: lucasaltic

i got the same issue, i get "error 8" while initializing the installer for 3ds max. Mudbox seems to go fine though

Message 13 of 29
matthew.d
in reply to: lucasaltic

Hi @lucasaltic,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Was this on the Standard, Premium, or Ultimate. Are you still experiencing this issue.

@hubro did you try disabling your antivirus as suggested above? What operating system are you running?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 14 of 29
hubro
in reply to: matthew.d

i followed every single suggestion. I turned off the firewall and windows defender in W10, i ran 3ds Max 2015 install as administrator and in compability mode for windows 7.

I decided to re-format to my current OS, windows 7, getting rid of windows 10 entirely, but got the same issue, error 8.

However, when i was searching trough the support jungle to find some answers, i found this: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads.

The 3ds Max download from this site: https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/all doesnt work!

Maybe thats the problem?

After i downloaded 3ds Max 2016, it worked like a charm, with firewall and anti-virus turned on. Marvellous 😉

Message 15 of 29
pyong1121
in reply to: hubro

THANK GOD!!!!

Message 16 of 29
ursamaniac

I cannot disable my firewall and anti-virus program, they are company restricted. What can I do to install without disabling my firewall and anti-virus program?

Message 17 of 29
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ursamaniac

@ursamaniac

Stop using the install now or download manager method and go to the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.  Download all of the parts first (some applications may only have a single part to download) and then go to your download location.  Extract (double click) part 1 (or the single part download) and in a few seconds the extraction will start.   It will then prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk and once the extraction is finished the installation will start.  Also make sure you have admin rights, UAC is turned off and Anti-Virus temporary disabled prior to installation.

And welcome to the community...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 18 of 29

The Navisworks Manage link in Virtual Agent links to 3ds max...  way to go Autodesk...  How about a fix for the error code 8?

Message 19 of 29
manzanoeve

install using internet explorer. read the system requirments for that certain version.
Message 20 of 29

Window 7 professional also can't not?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report