Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
alannwrt
1100 Views, 10 Replies

IGS File?

I have sent a test to a friend who is going to cut my example on a laser cutter but he says wants it in a "igs" file. Where do I find that please? I have drawn it in a dwg file and he cannot download it from my email.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Otto
in reply to: alannwrt

Hello alannwrt and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 11
alannwrt
in reply to: Otto

I am using a Mac computer not Windows.
Message 4 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@alannwrt

And what Autodesk Application are you using?   In addition this forum is for installation and licensing issues.   Not how to create an IGES file for your friend..  Smiley Wink   But I can't provide you a workflow unless you tell us what Autodesk application you are using.  It sounds like AutoCAD since you have a drawing but I don't want to provide steps until you verify what application you have.

Update:  I just saw you recent reply to OTTO..  And we were supposed to know you were using a MAC operating system?  Smiley Very Happy  Details are crucial when posting.  So with having a MAC OS or AutoCAD for MAC..  Kind of limits you..  I don't think this version can export your information to an IGES file format.  If you select to EXPORT and change the file type do you see IGES there.  In addition IGES is really a 3D CAD file format.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
alannwrt
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes it is AutoCAD
I have a drawing completed and want to download it to an email in IGES form.
Thanks
Message 6 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@alannwrt

I think we posted at the same time..  Review my updated information in my original reply..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 11
alannwrt
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I will try the solutions you have suggested.

Love your Dog We have one just the same. Three year old rough collie13434934_1178246855539725_4398898843253967986_n.jpg

Message 8 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@alannwrt

Nice dog as well..  Can't tell if he (or she) is smiling or ready to tear someone apart in that picture..  Smiley Very Happy

Although my son wanted a Collie..  We ended up getting him a Shetland Sheepdog instead..  Ours is just about 2 years old.

All I can say I wish my weather today was sunny and the flowers were blooming...  All I see is snow upon snow upon snow with this big snow storm in the east... Smiley Sad

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 11
natasha.l

Hello @alannwrt,

Welcome. What a nice looking dog. Smiley Happy 

Sure, its not a problem to export a file in a different format. Just follow the instructions down below: 

1. Navigate to the AuoCAD icon drop  down iconautocad icon.png 
  2. Select "Export" 
  3. Then "Other Formats"
  4. Select ".igs" in the file format drop down 

export files.png

Hope this was helpful. 

Message 10 of 11
alannwrt
in reply to: natasha.l

I am using a Mac is that still correct.
Message 11 of 11
natasha.l

Hello @alannwrt,

Yes, it is the same process. Give it a try. Let us know how it goes. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report