Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 1 day to establish an internet connection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kelly7SZGV
953 Views, 3 Replies

I have 1 day to establish an internet connection

I recently purchased a monthly subscription to the AutoCAD LT 2016 program.

Five days ago an Autodesk message started popping up when I open the program. It says that I have a limited number of days to establish an internet connection and that The Autodesk license server cannot be found. This problem can be caused by a variety of issues including: - internet connectivity has been lost (which isn't the case) - The Autodesk license server is temporarily unavailable.

That number started at 5 and has counted down to 1, which is today.  

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose the ability to operate in AutoCAD tomorrow.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: kelly7SZGV

Message 3 of 4
byron.morales
in reply to: kelly7SZGV

Thank you for your post. In Regards to your case about the establish an Internet connection message when launching your Autodesk software, please try the following steps:

Reboot computer, download and install the Poodle Hotfix located here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-licensing-ho...

If the issue continues after installing the above hotfix, please continue with these steps:

1) Verify the date and time on your computer (make any necessary changes).

2) Please close the Autodesk software then please Rename or Delete the following file: 

Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data and the two other Adsk files listed total of 3 files to be deleted.

(Please note the above file is a hidden file and you will need to enable show hidden files under folder options).

3) Locate and Rename the following folder:

Windows: C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT\
Change it to:
C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT2\ 

4) verify your internet options settings have nothing checked under proxy settings:
Launch Internet explorer 
Go to Tools >
Internet Options
Select Connections Tab
Click on LAN Settings
Unselect all the check boxes related to proxy settings and automatically detect settings 
Click OK and close the “Local Area Network (LAN) Settings” dialog. 
Click OK and close “Internet Properties” dialog

5) “disable any white-listing software” for example: Parity Agent. Or any other Web filtering software like NetNanny. 

6) Verify that you can open this website http://accounts.autodesk.com do not log in, just verify that the website opens up on your computer

7) Now please launch AutoCAD on your computer, it will activate and then prompt you to log in. 

Let me know if the above steps helps you to resolve the issue.

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 4 of 4
kelly7SZGV
in reply to: byron.morales

Hi Byron.

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I seem to have solved the problem, at least for now. I'm not having any issues opening AutoCAD LT 2016 at this time, so things are good.

If anything else pops up, I'll go through the steps you outlined and respond to your post for additional help.

Thanks a ton for offering the assistance in the first place!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report