Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't sign in and use my license !

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
minizap7
9478 Views, 15 Replies

i can't sign in and use my license !

Hello !

I have a student license since 2 weeks, but i can't use it because i don't find anyway to sign in in the app. In the first window, when 3ds starts, i can't click on "sign in", just nothing happen, and 3ds doesn't lauch. The only way to launch it, is to click on "give a serial number". Of course, i don't have any serial number, so, it begins a trial period of 30 days free.

In the app, same problem, i can't sign in, or can't change my type of license (i tried with the "manage license".)

I don't have any possibility to use my  student license, and i need it for my school !

Thank you so much for your help

Kind Regards

Krapf ManonI can't find "change my type of license"I can't find "change my type of license"help.JPGcan't click on "sign in with your autodesk ID"can't click on "sign in with your autodesk ID"

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Libei.Wang
in reply to: minizap7

Hello @minizap7 ,

Welcome to the community.

What happens when you click on "Sign in with your Autodesk ID"?

image.png

If nothing happens, start the Windows Task Manager, go to the Details tab and look for a process named "AdSSO.exe".  If you don't see it, restart your PC and try this again.  

image.png

Please let us know if this is helpful.

Libei

Libei Wang
Sr QA Analyst for 3ds Max
Message 3 of 16
minizap7
in reply to: Libei.Wang

hi !

No i don't see it when i'm trying to sign in, but nothing change, even when i'm restarting my computer or reinstalling 3ds max ..

oh and i forget to show you what happen when i'm using "manage licence" "activate" "sign in" (screen just below)

Message 4 of 16

that last image is a crash dump something in max or windows is causing the file to crash, did you get a reporting error message that asks you to send to Autodesk? 

if so you cant fill out that infomation with an email addresss show you submit   the error at the end of the submission you will get a reference number with letters if you wrote that thing down. an autodesk employeee like @Libei.Wang can look it up 

what browser are you using?

the only way to read crash dumps to have the MS symbols and windows debugger installed. if you try to open it that file in MS word  wont make any sense, and you need to know what you looking at 

Message 5 of 16

i didn't send the report because i was thinking that it's not the main problem (because i can't sign in in the first launch) but i can send it if you think i should.

i'm using mozilla firefox

and i didn't understand the last sentence i'm sorry

Message 6 of 16
minizap7

is any possibility if i'm asking to someone to have a key to activate a licence for 1 year .. ? 

I only have 10 days left in my free trial, and i really need to use 3ds for my courses, i don't know what i can do

Message 7 of 16
Libei.Wang

Hello @minizap7 ,

Can you check if you see AdSSO.exe running in Windows Task Manager?  Does a restart of your machine help?

I don't have access to your account.  I don't know if there is anything misconfigured on your account that causes this problem.  

Have you tried to post your question in Installation and Licensing forum: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24 ?  They may be able to better help you.

Libei

Libei Wang
Message 8 of 16
Manon.autodesk

no, i don't see AdSSO.exe running in Windows Task Manager, and restart my pc doesn't change anything.

why can't you see my account ?

i have reinstall the all 3ds max another time tonight, and something change,

i don't have "sign in with my account", i am block in the forst step now, when i'm clicking on "single user". same problem, max just turn and crash without any message.

i will try to post in this section i guess...

(i'm sorry i post with the wrong account, i'm minizap7)

Message 9 of 16
Libei.Wang
in reply to: Manon.autodesk

Hello @Manon.autodesk  and @minizap7 ,

To protect your data, Autodesk practices strict access control.  Since my day-to-day job doesn't require access to the user database, I can't see what's on your account.  I'm a QA for 3ds Max.

As you don't see AdSSO.exe in task manager even after a restart, it is very possible that AdSSO was not properly installed.  You can reinstall it using the installer posted in this link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/simplecontent/content/autodesk-s... 

You may need to restart your PC once the installation is complete.  

If this still not helping, please post your question on Installation and Licensing forum.

Libei

Libei Wang
Message 10 of 16
minizap7

oh my god, it works..

thank you so much for your incredible help

thank you

have a nice day

Message 11 of 16
Libei.Wang

Hello @minizap7 ,

I'm so glad that you can continue your work with 3ds Max.  

If you have any questions or suggestions on 3ds Max, you know how to reach us.  🙂 

Have a wonderful day!

Libei

Libei Wang
Message 12 of 16
jsgalindo42

Hello Libei Wang, I just wanted to thank you because thanks to you I was able to use Maya again, I had exactly the same problem, I searched for hours for the solution and I found it thanks to you, thank you very much I hope where you are you are very happy 😄

Message 13 of 16
Libei.Wang
in reply to: jsgalindo42

Hello @jsgalindo42 ,

You are very welcome!  I'm glad to help.  

Have a wonderful day.

Libei

Libei Wang
Message 14 of 16
abdotaha460

just wanted to thank u ,it worked!!!

Message 15 of 16
123789natii

libei wang u are an angel i just spent a week trying to fix these thanks so much i just need to repear AdSSO.exe

Message 16 of 16
Libei.Wang

Hello @abdotaha460 and @123789natii ,

Thank you for your kind words.  I'm glad this is helpful.  

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us when you have any questions or feedback.

Libei

Libei Wang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report