Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use a single user AutoCAD license

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LyleHardin
1153 Views, 3 Replies

how to use a single user AutoCAD license

How do I register or activate a single user license???

We've normally used network licenses and I've recently purchased two single user licenses.

I've installed these onto two users' machines and one of them can't access it. License not available.

I can't find any good instructions on how to do this. Frustrating.

- Do they need an Autodesk account. I'm assuming they do. She does and she logs on but still has no access.

- Do I need to do something on the management side of things on our account? I think I do, but can't figure it out. 

- My account shows two Single Seat AutoCAD but also shows 0 available. I don't get it.

Can someone help please? I have a person not able to work and we are extremely busy.

I've installed 2016 on her machine even though we purchased the 2018 licenses. And yes, I've installed it using the proper 2016 single seat license numbers.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: LyleHardin

@LyleHardin

With single user subscription license, the contract manager must log in to their Autodesk Account and unassigned the license from their account and then assign the use of the license to this given user.  If the user information is not under your company's contract, than you need to add the user first before assigning it to them.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
Darin.Green
in reply to: LyleHardin

@LyleHardin

Here are the steps necessary:

1. Log into your Autodesk Account
  2. Go to the Users tab (Located on the navigation bar on the left)
  3. If you're the contract manager but don't need to use the software, you must un-assign the asset from your account first
  4. Create user accounts for the two users that need access to the software
  5. Edit the users access by giving checking the application within their account access pane.
  6. Click Ok.

On the user's computer,

1. Launch the application
  2. When prompted, choose Enter Serial Number
  3. The user will be prompted for the serial number, then prompted to signin. 
    • They need to use the email address associated with the Autodesk Account as you created.

account.png

Hope that helps...

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thanks.

That's what I though I needed to do, but it wasn't working.

Our reseller, MidWest CADD helped me out.

Turns out someone with the name of Ning Yi was listed as a software coordinator on one of our accounts and had one of the licenses I needed.

We were able to remove the Access from Ning Yi and assign it to my user.

I then removed and deleted Ning Yi from our users because I have no idea who he/she is...

Kinda scary....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report