Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix the Welcome Screen?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbir.redbird
1244 Views, 4 Replies

How do I fix the Welcome Screen?

'The Page You Were Looking for Was Not Found

Most likely the page or file you are looking for has been moved or updated. Please use the links below to find current information'

This is driving me nuts. I get it everytime I use Autocad, (P & ID 2013). I am not looking for any bloody drawing. Someone on here said look under 'options' and turn it off? Well the only 'options' I can find is under 'Tools' and I can find nothing there. Why have a darn welcome screen anyway? If I am opeing Autocad I am working on a drawing, not surfing the net!

Does anybody know how to fix or remove this black and and white screen of irritation? Thanks, Chris.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: cbir.redbird

Sorry that I didn't respond to this before.  The forum is having issues.

Try to do it from the registry.  You will have to change the location based on your product, but the steps should basically be the same as these instructions:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Disable...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
cbir.redbird
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

Thanks so much for the reply. Anyway, I found this: 'You want to disable the Welcome screen in AutoCAD, but unchecking  the "Display at Startup" check box does not disable the screen. You can disable this screen through the Windows Registry.'

Where is this "Display at Startup" check box? If I can find that, maybe that will disable it? I would rather try that first. Also, why is the Welcome Screen looking for some mysterious file? That is the main problem. If I could stop it looking for something that it can't find I guess this would correct things?

I have to say I am a little reluctant to play around with the registry in case it screws my system up. I work from home and rely totally on the equipment I have, so I can't afford to compromise anything. If you could point me in the right direction of this "Display at Startup" check box Travis, that would certainly help. Thanks,

Chris.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: cbir.redbird

You'll probably have to do it thru the registry.  As for why the page no longer exists, Autodesk changed how their website works and all of their links are no longer valid. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
cbir.redbird
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you very much Travis. It took me a while to get around to modifying the registry as I have been busy as heck, but now it's done and is a great help! Have an excellent day!

Chris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report