Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble installing AutoCAD 2015. Says it's already installed.

36 REPLIES 36
SOLVED
Message 1 of 37
conn250
30645 Views, 36 Replies

Having trouble installing AutoCAD 2015. Says it's already installed.

I first started to install AutoCAD 2015 and then my internet connection was lost during the install process. So I uninstalled whatever was partially installed and I tried again. It kept telling me that AutoCAD is already installed and therefor I can't install it even though it's not installed. I even performed all the recommended tasks such as fuly uninstalling all AutoCAD software, deleting all the program files folders, deleting the registry items, and so forth. What more do I need to do to be able to intall it?

36 REPLIES 36
Message 21 of 37
lfpizarr
in reply to: yuri.perrini

I had the same problem with revit 2015, so I understand the problem is that Windows Installer indicate like installed the program, so you need to erase the registry entries fron windows Installer, and I fixed this way: 

In the registry I searched "revit" and if the entry was in one on the structure emily.xu said I deleted.

The entrys are:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

You can try searching "Maya" or any other program

Message 22 of 37
david.lau
in reply to: lfpizarr

I concur...we used to do that way....

Go here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/06/windows-the-basics-of-using-microsoft-fix-it.html

See the links that are under the "Reference" section.

We have had great successs with Microsoft Fix It.

David Lau
Message 23 of 37
ashleyruiqi
in reply to: conn250

Hi, i'm having the same problem, but with AutoCAD 2016 (student version) on Windows 10. What are the equivalent registry keys i have to delete?

e.g. i don't have either:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F3875100E0000102000060BECB6AB

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F3875100E9040112000060BECB6AB

but instead i have

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F3875100F0000102000060BECB6AB

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F3875100F9040112000060BECB6AB

and also a bunch more which look similar. Do i delete the just the two or all of them?

Want to confirm before i mess this up even more

Thanks!

Message 24 of 37
simonmarkparnell
in reply to: emily.xu

Tried all of the above - none work

3ds Max 8 - is not on system

When try to install it says it is installed.   I try to remove/repair and I get a message saying it is not installed.  I have followed the advice to remove left over reg keys and left autodesk files as directed by you.

When I try MS Fix-it as directed it does not work.

"Errors were found in one or more of the neccesary compnonents and the diagnostic tool can not continue"

The student download will not work for the same reason.  System is convinced it is both installed and not installed.

Message 25 of 37
robcroco302

I am having this problem with Revit Architecture 2015, i have already uninstalled and deleted but still cannot install Revit, does anyone know the GUID for this, i use windows 10
Message 26 of 37
nicoumali

hi, I had the same problem but am trying to find those "HKEY's" so I can delete it. the problem is I can't find and I still can't install my ACAD. can you help me? this is how it looks like. thank you very much.

z.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 27 of 37
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: nicoumali

@nicoumali

Welcome to the community..

Hoover over the red circle in that dialog and what does it indicate?

ALso not sure what steps you took so far to get your product installed but if you read the verbiage under the line (and follow those steps) it may help you get your product installed

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 28 of 37
nicoumali
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

hi. thank you for the fast response. this is what indicated in the red circle. I already removed all the "autodesk files" in my control panel, deleted the folders of autodesk, and restarting my laptop and it's still like this.

zz.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 29 of 37
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: nicoumali

@nicoumali

Thanks for the update..

FIrst of all have you perform the steps in the clean uninstall document?   If you have other Autodesk products currently installed and running please make sure you adjust the paths based on the clean uninstall information.  Meaning you don't want to clean out too much stuff.

If you are using Win 7 or Win 8/8.1 run the Microsoft fix it program (link is in my signature) and remove any AutoCAD 2015 information. 

If you have Windows 10, use the Windows Cleanup utility (link is also in my signature).

Then once that is completed follow the information that I have provided under the line...

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 30 of 37
samaniaakash

thanks it worked
Message 31 of 37
yuclin20

I'm also having the same problems with Maya 2016, what files do I have to delete?

Message 32 of 37
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: yuclin20

@yuclin20

Welcome to the community...

In my signature is a link to the Microsoft Fixit utility.  Run it and remove the necessary Maya stuff and then try the installation again.

Mark Lancaster

Message 33 of 37
shaunlamont

thank you sooooooo much seriously...thanks a million
Message 34 of 37
shaunlamont

thank you sooooooo much seriously...thanks a million
Message 35 of 37
cpoole

I've been having the same trouble.  It has been a long time since these posts were written and my versions are newer.  Can anyone provide the troubling registry entries for a current installation.  I'm not sure what the version is, but the setup.exe is dated 1/26/2015.

Message 36 of 37
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: cpoole

@cpoole

Welcome to the community...

Don't worry about the registry entries..  Just run the Microsoft Fixit application (located in my signature)..

(links or my signature doesn't appear in any emails that you receive about this reply. You must return to the posting to see this information)

Mark Lancaster

Message 37 of 37
suwatchara01

how can deleted those codes?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report