Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geotechnical Module 2014 commands only works for installer not other users

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mike.burke
1215 Views, 4 Replies

Geotechnical Module 2014 commands only works for installer not other users

We have installed the extension Geotechnical Module 2014 on two test computers that had Civil 3D installed from a network deployment.

Only the users who did the geotechical module installs on each computer can use the module KYN_ commands. If a different user logs in and tries to use the module commands, they get unknown command errors like this one...

Command: KYN_ImportAGS Unknown command "KYN_IMPORTAGS".  Press F1 for help.

I have done a search and only found this solution, which does not fix our problem. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Geotechnical-Module-v1-update-now-available/m-p/43325...

The other Civil 3D 2014 extensions that have been installed work for any users. It is only the geotechnical module we have the unknown command problems.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: mike.burke

Strange behavior.  Does the other user not have local admin rights, or using some sort or roaming profile or profile folder redirect?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
mike.burke
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave wrote:

Strange behavior.  Does the other user not have local admin rights, or using some sort or roaming profile or profile folder redirect?

Tis strange. The two people who have tested it so far have local admin rights, so it is not a issue with rights to folders. We are not using roaming profiles or redirects. And we don't have this issue with other extensions.

Just got someone who does not have local admin rights and the commands are also broken for them.

Message 4 of 5
mriverapep
in reply to: mike.burke

For this module geotechnical, do i need to have administration rights for the local machine?

We don't give administration rights to domain users.

Message 5 of 5
mike.burke
in reply to: mriverapep

We had mixed results with the Geotechnical module with SCCM packaging. In the end we found it would only work for the user who installed the geotech module from SCCM. If another user logged into that computer after it was installed, commands work not work. The commands only run for the installer user.

As for using it, you do not need local admin rights. Only to local admin rights when installing it.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report