Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 License questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
650 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360 License questions

Hi,

I have few questions about my license.

1. I've registered an Autodesk account when I was a student last year and I used the same account to download the 30-day free trial for commercial use recently but when I opened the Fusion 360, it still showed "Autodesk Fusion 360 (Education License)". Why is that?

2. If I would like to apply for commercial use in the future, could I still use the old files I drew with the education license? or is it a violation? If I can't use the old files, could I open and reference the drawings?

3. Me and my coworker both use Fusion 360 30-day free trial now and I was wondering if we want to keep using it for commercial use after the trial, do we need to pay $495/year for each of us? Or, is there a way to have one account for multiple users?

4. When I tried to subscribe Fusion 360 for commercial use, I saw $495/year is for stand-alone single-user license. What does that mean? Could I download the Fusion 360 in multiple computers and use it? If that is the case, could another person use Fusion 360 in another computer as long as we don't use it at the same time?

Thank you.

@Anonymous 

Topic Title has been changed for findability @Tiana_Y. Original Post: License Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Because you're on a student license, you are marked for educational entitlements, in order to use commercial licenses you need to get these entitlements revoked which you can do by reaching out to Education Support: https://www.autodesk.com/education/support

As for multiple users: No, one user per named single user license https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Can-I-have-multiple-users-on-one-subscription.html#:~:text=Licenses%20can't%20be%20shared,Add%20seats%20in%20Autodesk%20Account.

A single-user license allows for multiple installs on different systems however on one can be in use at a time. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Maximum-number-of-computers-permitted-for-single-user-subscription.html#:~:text=A%20subscription%20with%20single%2Duser%20access%20is%20activated%20when%20a,computer%20at%20any%20given%20time.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 4
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Answer to your questions

1..  When you create an account under an educational/student terms, it will always be a educational/student account.   You do not want to mix educational/student with commercial products.   It is better that you create a new Autodesk Account and subscribe to the commercial licenses that way..

2.  Any files that you create under an educational license can't be used at all in a commercial project or under a commercial license.   You can however recreate them from scratch using your commercial license.

3.  Each person requires their own commercial license because its tied to your Autodesk ID/Account.  See also item #4.

4.  Fusion 360 is cloud based so there's not really much that gets downloaded to the machine.   But since you are using the cloud and Autodesk ID, you can have the software of many machines but you Fusion 360 has a lock when you log onto one machine and tried to use it on another machine.  It will ask do you to disconnect from the other machine.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 4
Tiana_Y

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for posting in the Forums! I just wanted to check in and see if the answers that @Mark.Lancaster and @leowarren34 provided helped answer your questions about your Fusion 360 license. 

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Tiana.D
Community Program Manager
Contact Autodesk Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report