Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Trial - 0 days left

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
25914 Views, 18 Replies

Free Trial - 0 days left

I recently downloaded the free trial period of autodesk inventor 2017.  After installing and opening for the first time it says there are 0 days left on the trial.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Unfortunately if it comes up as 0 days left there's nothing else you can do unless you reformat your hard drive.

Here are a few suggestions..

1.  Try other version of Inventor using the Autodesk Virtual Agent method to download your software.

2.  Contact a local reseller and see if they have 1 day event or a training session that you can sit in.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 19
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Please try to contact us if you believe that trial version of your software is improperly indicating an expired trial. Contact Trial Issues to help resolve the issue. 

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 19
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue by contacting someone on the Trial support team. 

Please let us know if any of the information provided helped assist you with the problem. 

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I also have this problem - installed trial period and get 0 days!

So I take it AutoCAD is not available for a trial period for ... certain computers ... who? .... why?

thanks

Message 6 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Sorry to hear that your trial started out by stating it has 0 days left..  Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it..  There's something on your machine that caused this issue.

1.  You can try to install on another machine.

2.  Try another version using the download links via the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

3.  Contact a local reseller and see if they have a 1 day event or a training session that you can attend.

4.  Contact an Autodesk Agent >>here<< and see if they are able to provide you with an alternative solution.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 19
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Sorry for the delay, I have escalated this issue for you, it is now a case that will be directed to the correct department to assist you. We are aware that customers are receiving an incorrect Trial period of 0 days left on their Trial, and are actively working to resolve this issue. I have 

Thank you for your patience. 

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Can we count on that you will tell us here, when and how the issue is resolved?

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

Dear natashal84,

I have the same problem. I registered yesterday, I tried to install Trial on my Mac, I've got 0 days left problem. Naively believing that it is some Mac related issue, today I installed it on completely new Windows virtual machine and I have absolutely the same problem .... 

Would you be so kind to check what happens, or advise me what to do ?

BTW:

Trying to contact you on the link you sent in previous mail :

- There is nobody on chat (possibly wrong time zone)

- all other means to contact is unavailable for non-subscribers, thus this is the ONLY way how I can ask for your help ...

Best Regards

Robert

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

Same problem here. I downloaded and installed the trial version for the first time ever on my laptop a few minutes ago, entered my e-mail and password then window indicated 0 days.

How to resolve this? Please help ASAP.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

Everyone that's coming here about trials showing 0 days when you try to use it.  Autodesk is aware of the issue and is working on it.

There's no other solutions at this time and you will have to wait until they (Autodesk) come back and  update all of us.   Remember this is mainly a user based forum and we have no clue what Autodesk is doing at this point.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 19

Everyone...

Although Autodesk is working on the issue, this information by @matthew.d reply may help you out until the issue is resolved.   Check out his reply at the bottom of that posting.

Mark Lancaster

Message 13 of 19
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @Anonymous,

Please run through these steps to resolve the issue. 

1. Click on “Already have a License”

1. Choose “Enter a Serial Number”

select license type.jpg

3. Select "Run" to set a 30 day Trial

AutoCAD 2018 - Run as Trial.jpg

4. When AutoCAD launches and opens, navigate the top-right of the screen select the drop-down triangle next to the User Name to display a drop-down

help drop down.png

5. Click “Manage License...” to open the License Manager screen.

6. There is a blue drop down arrow, it will show the Trial information 

I hope this was helpful, please let me know how it goes. 

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous

Thank you natashal84.
Now the program simply seems to work, when I open it.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

I sent a PM. I am having problem with Civil 3d download. It immediately said zero days left/ expired:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/civil-3d-2018-imperial-trial-immediately-says-expired-...

Message 17 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Did you even follow @natasha.l steps above..  Select Enter serial #.. and go from there or follow the steps here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/0-days-left-on-AutoCAD-and-AutoCAD-LT-2018.html

Mark Lancaster

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

Yes! you're the best Natasha!

Message 19 of 19

Brilliant, works with Revit 2022 also, thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report