Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXnet Licensing errors

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
jneal
31893 Views, 35 Replies

FLEXnet Licensing errors

Greetings all-

I have searched and read multiple threads and can't seem to find an answer for my problems. Here goes:

NLM has been running fine for months since the update for 2014 software.

3 days ago NLM is down so I go check it.

"Winsock" errors, multiple -16,287  -15,10 -97,121 etc. errors... 

I reboot the server and it works fine for a day or so

When it goes down I cannot click on the "System Settings" tab. It is blank and locks up LMGRD.exe and I have to end the process.

Any ideas?

Here's the latest from my log file. I see that it says multiple lmgrd.exe's running but I'm not sure i understand why that is happening-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:04:07 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 6/7/2013
9:04:07 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 6/7/2013
9:57:55 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 1 signal = 332
9:57:55 (lmgrd) Since this is an unknown status, license server
9:57:55 (lmgrd) manager (lmgrd) will attempt to re-start the vendor daemon.
9:57:55 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
9:57:55 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
9:57:55 (lmgrd) REStarted adskflex (pid 5200)

9:58:11 (lmgrd)
9:58:11 (lmgrd) pid 5856
9:58:11 (lmgrd) Done rereading
9:58:11 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v11.7.0.0 build 73797 x64_n6) started on master (IBM PC) (6/7/2013)
9:58:11 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2009 Acresso Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.
9:58:11 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412.
9:58:11 (lmgrd) World Wide Web: http://www.acresso.com
9:58:11 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\allcadnw\IT\License Manager\master.lic
9:58:11 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 27000
9:58:11 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...
9:58:11 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
9:58:11 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
9:58:11 (lmgrd) Started adskflex (pid 5072)
9:58:11 (adskflex) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1
9:58:11 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.7.0.1 build 79971 x64_n6
9:58:11 (adskflex) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 32 Exit reason 9
9:58:13 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 32 (Exited because another server was running)
9:58:13 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "adskflex" license server systems running.
9:58:13 (lmgrd) Using Task Manager, stop adskflex and run lmreread
9:58:13 (lmgrd)
9:58:13 (lmgrd) This error probably results from:
9:58:13 (lmgrd) 1. Another copy of the license server manager (lmgrd) is running.
9:58:13 (lmgrd) 2. Another copy of the vendor daemon is running.
9:58:13 (lmgrd) 3. The locking mechanism(s) were removed by an
9:58:13 (lmgrd) outside program.
9:58:13 (lmgrd)
9:58:13 (lmgrd) Rereading license file... Requested from Administrator@master
9:58:13 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
9:58:13 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
9:58:13 (lmgrd) Reread: Started adskflex (pid 1192) 9:58:13 (lmgrd) Done rereading
9:58:13 (lmgrd) ...Finished rereading
9:58:13 (adskflex) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1
9:58:13 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.7.0.1 build 79971 x64_n6
9:58:13 (adskflex) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 32 Exit reason 9
9:58:15 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 32 (Exited because another server was running)
9:58:15 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "adskflex" license server systems running.
9:58:15 (lmgrd) Using Task Manager, stop adskflex and run lmreread
9:58:15 (lmgrd)
9:58:15 (lmgrd) This error probably results from:
9:58:15 (lmgrd) 1. Another copy of the license server manager (lmgrd) is running.
9:58:15 (lmgrd) 2. Another copy of the vendor daemon is running.
9:58:15 (lmgrd) 3. The locking mechanism(s) were removed by an
9:58:15 (lmgrd) outside program.
9:58:15 (lmgrd)

10:00:42 (lmgrd) Forced shutdown requested
10:00:43 (lmgrd) SHUTDOWN request from Administrator at node master
10:00:43 (lmgrd) lmgrd will now shut down all the vendor daemons

10:00:43 (lmgrd) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 15
10:00:46 (lmgrd) -----------------------------------------------

10:00:46 (lmgrd) pid 1168
10:00:46 (lmgrd) Done rereading
10:00:46 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v11.7.0.0 build 73797 x64_n6) started on master (IBM PC) (6/7/2013)
10:00:46 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2009 Acresso Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.
10:00:46 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412.
10:00:46 (lmgrd) World Wide Web: http://www.acresso.com
10:00:46 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\allcadnw\IT\License Manager\master.lic
10:00:46 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 27000
10:00:46 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...
10:00:46 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
10:00:46 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
10:00:46 (lmgrd) Started adskflex (pid 2312)
10:00:46 (adskflex) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1
10:00:46 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.7.0.1 build 79971 x64_n6
10:00:46 (adskflex) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 32 Exit reason 9
10:00:49 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 32 (Exited because another server was running)
10:00:49 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "adskflex" license server systems running.
10:00:49 (lmgrd) Using Task Manager, stop adskflex and run lmreread
10:00:49 (lmgrd)
10:00:49 (lmgrd) This error probably results from:
10:00:49 (lmgrd) 1. Another copy of the license server manager (lmgrd) is running.
10:00:49 (lmgrd) 2. Another copy of the vendor daemon is running.
10:00:49 (lmgrd) 3. The locking mechanism(s) were removed by an
10:00:49 (lmgrd) outside program.
10:00:49 (lmgrd)
10:00:49 (lmgrd) Rereading license file... Requested from Administrator@master
10:00:49 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
10:00:49 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
10:00:49 (lmgrd) Reread: Started adskflex (pid 6040)10:00:49 (lmgrd) Done rereading
10:00:49 (lmgrd) ...Finished rereading
10:00:49 (adskflex) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1
10:00:49 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.7.0.1 build 79971 x64_n6
10:00:49 (adskflex) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 32 Exit reason 9
10:00:54 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 32 (Exited because another server was running)
10:00:54 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "adskflex" license server systems running.
10:00:54 (lmgrd) Using Task Manager, stop adskflex and run lmreread
10:00:54 (lmgrd)
10:00:54 (lmgrd) This error probably results from:
10:00:54 (lmgrd) 1. Another copy of the license server manager (lmgrd) is running.
10:00:54 (lmgrd) 2. Another copy of the vendor daemon is running.
10:00:54 (lmgrd) 3. The locking mechanism(s) were removed by an
10:00:54 (lmgrd) outside program.
10:00:54 (lmgrd)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Tags (3)
35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
TravisNave
in reply to: jneal

Yes, it appears it is in conflict with another vendor service running.

9:58:13 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 32 (Exited because another server was running)
9:58:13 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "adskflex" license server systems running.

What you need to do is stop the server and then make sure you kill any remaining lmgrd.exe and adskflex.exe processes in Task Manager.  Then restart the service.

Make sure you are only running one service for Autodesk licenses and you don't have more than one Autodesk license file configured.  If you do, then you need to see my Combining LIC Files link in my signature. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 36
Darin.Green
in reply to: TravisNave

I think Travis is correct, you may need to combine the licenses into one. Aside from that, since you're running licenses for version 2014, I recommend updating the license manager to 11.11 which can be found here:

License Manager: IPv6 Supported

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9240618

License Manager: IPv6 not supported

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16273699&linkID=9240618

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 36
jneal
in reply to: Darin.Green

@TravisNave wrote:

Yes, it appears it is in conflict with another vendor service running.

What you need to do is stop the server and then make sure you kill any remaining lmgrd.exe and adskflex.exe processes in Task Manager.  Then restart the service.

Make sure you are only running one service for Autodesk licenses and you don't have more than one Autodesk license file configured.  If you do, then you need to see my Combining LIC Files link in my signature. 

Travis - Thanks for the reply. I went and looked in the containing folder and there was another license file that was an old one that had not been renamed yet. Just to clarify.. even if I am pointing to a specific license file i cannot have any other/old license files in the same folder?

@Anonymous wrote:

I think Travis is correct, you may need to combine the licenses into one. Aside from that, since you're running licenses for version 2014, I recommend updating the license manager to 11.11 which can be found here:

License Manager: IPv6 Supported

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9240618

License Manager: IPv6 not supported

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16273699&linkID=9240618

I read in one of Travis's posts that MS Server 2008 R2 has issues with 11.11. Thats why I'm running 11.7. If thats not the case I will revert back to the latest version...

Thanks Guys

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 5 of 36
Darin.Green

Good to hear its resolved. Please mark Travis response as the solution for others.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 36
TravisNave

I read in one of Travis' posts that MS Server 2008 R2 has issues with 11.11. Thats why I'm running 11.7. If thats not the case I will revert back to the latest version...

Thanks Guys

Jess

Yeah, I would almost certainly stick to 11.7 until your issue is resolved.  Then you can try the newer version to see if it works. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 36
TravisNave

Travis - Thanks for the reply. I went and looked in the containing folder and there was another license file that was an old one that had not been renamed yet. Just to clarify.. even if I am pointing to a specific license file i cannot have any other/old license files in the same folder?

As for this, you simply need to make sure there isn't more than one service listed in the pulldown of config services.  You can have old LIC files.  That's no big deal.  You just wanna run one service for the Autodesk stuff and make sure that only one adskflex.exe is running when started. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 36
jneal

It's not resoved yet. I'm still getting errors. Here's the chain of events i just went through:

1. rebooted server on Friday. Server status = good
  2. go check on NLM this morning after reading some replies here
  3. Server Status = FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10.  System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"
  4. Open LMTools. Check to see only 1 service is configured. See attached
  5. open Task Manager. End all associated processes (adskflex.exe, lmgrd.exe and lmtools)
  6. Start LMTools, go to Start/Stop/Reread tab
  7. Force stop server. 
  8. Check task manager. Nothing running. 
  9. Hit Start Server...
  10. (2) lmgrd.exe's appear along with an adskflex.exe

What is going on? If there is only 1 service configured there should only be 1 lmgrd.exe running if I'm not mistaken...

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 9 of 36
TravisNave

No, everything you described and have shown is correct.  What error remains?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 36
jneal

Here's a copy/paste from a server status:

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Mon 6/10/2013 13:02

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@master
License file(s) on master: C:\allcadnw\IT\License Manager\master.lic:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: 192.168.10.50
License path: 27000@master;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".

See attached. It says lmgrd.exe is not running and there are two running currently. If i end task on one, they both dissapear. *edit* i just ended one and only one went away this time. Still a winsock error*edit*

Do you need to see the log file or anything else?

I really appreicate your help Travis-

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 11 of 36
Darin.Green

Within LMTOOLS, on "Service/License File" tab select the old server. Navigate to the "Start\Stop\Reread" tab and click stop server.

Next, Navigate to "Config Services" and make sure the service name show your old service and click the "Remove Service" button.

Navigate back to the Start\Stop\Reread tab, now there should only be listed. Click Stop Server and Start Server.

Message 12 of 36
jneal

@Anonymous wrote:

Within LMTOOLS, on "Service/License File" tab select the old server. Navigate to the "Start\Stop\Reread" tab and click stop server.

Next, Navigate to "Config Services" and make sure the service name show your old service and click the "Remove Service" button.

Navigate back to the Start\Stop\Reread tab, now there should only be listed. Click Stop Server and Start Server.

Darin-

It may appear that I have two services configured in that last screen shot but there is only one - "Flexlm Service 1"

see attached

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 13 of 36
DarrenP

another thing to try is to start over from the beginning

remove the service completely and start a new one

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 36
Darin.Green

jneal,

Delete all service from the Config Services tab and start over as suggested by DarrenP. Once they're removed, click inside the Service Name box and type "Autodesk" > Path out to the files and check the two boxes down at the bottom. Navigate to the Start\Stop\Reread tab and start the new service.

Message 15 of 36
TravisNave

The only other thing I see is that it thinks the servername is an IP address and also the hostname master.  There might be an issue here too...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 36
jneal

@TravisNave wrote:

The only other thing I see is that it thinks the servername is an IP address and also the hostname master.  There might be an issue here too...

Alright... So I have deleted all services and re configured everything, rebooted my server afer deletion and recreation of the Flexlm Service 1. It seems to be working for the time being. 

Travis- I also looked into the name/ip address issue you brought up and i read somewhere that i needed to turn on network discovery. I enabled it and it didnt save the setting but NLM seems to work now...

I think I have some sort of underlying DNS issue. I'lll report back in a couple days if it stays up with no errors-

Thanks for your help

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 17 of 36
jneal

Here is this mornings error. Nothing has changed since i updated it and it was running on the 10th

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 6/12/2013 08:51

master: license server UP (MASTER) v11.7

Vendor daemon status (on master):

adskflex: Cannot read data from license server system.
The license server system appears to be running, but is not
responding. If this persists, notify the System Administrator.
(The license server manager (lmgrd) and vendor daemon processes
should be terminated and restarted.)
Hostname: master
FLEXnet Licensing error:-16,287

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 18 of 36
TravisNave

-16  Cannot read data from license server system. 

Basically, your license manager is just hung up.  Stop and restart the service.  See if it happens again in a few days.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 36
jneal

@TravisNave wrote:

-16  Cannot read data from license server system. 

Basically, your license manager is just hung up.  Stop and restart the service.  See if it happens again in a few days.

Force stopped server. Restarted...  Here's the result:

--------

Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 6/12/2013 09:19

master: license server UP (MASTER) v11.7

Vendor daemon status (on master):

adskflex: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: 192.168.10.50
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"

I can reboot my server and fix it but I shouldnt have to. I just don't understand why it ran fine for several months and then one day decided to start these shenanigans...

Travis, isn't there some kind of broser based license server you talked about before? Does it work any better?

Again, Thanks for your help on this-

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 20 of 36
DarrenP

@jneal wrote:

, isn't there some kind of broser based license server you talked about before? Does it work any better?

Again, Thanks for your help on this-

Jess

yes its this one: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/FLEXnet-Publisher-License-Server-Manager/m-p/28...

but its not supported with autodesk licenses it may or may not work

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report