Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet License finder error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jarrodbaumann7604
3801 Views, 8 Replies

Flexnet License finder error

I have Revit 2016 installed for months now as a standalone license part of the Building Design Suite Ultimate. No license issues before today. Revit crashed today and now every time I launch the program it asks me this question. (see image)  This is not  a network license, never has been.  In fact all the other installed products from the Building Design Suite Ultimate still run correctly, no license issues. 

Any help fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated

Capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Otto
in reply to: jarrodbaumann7604

Hello jarrodbaumann7604

It looks like you are getting a FlexNet License Finder Error. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Troubleshooting FLEXnet Licensing Errors

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 9

@jarrodbaumann7604

That's an odd one...   I guess you get the odd award this week.   Smiley Very Happy

C:\Programdata\Autodesk\Rvt2016 and in there should be a file called LicConfig.ini and check the "type=" parameter.  Does it say Network?  If so change it to STANDALONE.

Check this registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2016\ADLM and what is the "Type" key set to?  Is it set to 1?  If so change it to 2.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 9

Interestingly I have that file for both Revit 2015 and Revit 2017 but it appears to be missing for 2016. Can it be replaced? Do you think this file was deleted when Revit crashed today?

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 9

@jarrodbaumann7604

I'm not a Revit User or Expert...   My buddy @Darin.Green informed me of that info...   Smiley Wink

Is the Rvt2016 directory still there?  Just wondering how many other files your missing...   I don't have a syntax of the LicConfig file for Revit 2016, but I will tag @Darin.Green to see if he knows..  However its the end of the day so he might not chime in for awhile.

I guess you could compare the 2015 and 2017 version and see how they are.

What about the registry entry?  Was that ok?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 9

Yes. Registry entry was already set at 2

Capture.JPG

Message 7 of 9

Well the LicConfig.ini file is very simple and saving a copy from one of the others worked just fine. All I needed to change was the serial number for my license. Revit will now start but it appears some other files may have been affected. Missing paths to library and template files. When adding them back I get this message. 

Capture.JPG

Message 8 of 9

@jarrodbaumann7604

I would check to make sure the Revit ini is not missing for Revit 2016 and its not set to read only.   Like I said I'm not a Revit person so at this point I can't assist any further in re-configuring Revit for you.   Sorry..  Smiley Sad

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 9

@jarrodbaumann7604, Check C:\ProgramData\Autodes\RVT 2016\ has the libraries, templates and family types within. If not, something broke your current install and you should uninstall and reinstall it. However, if those files are in fact there, then you can reset the paths via Options > File Paths

Templates Locations

• Construction: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Templates\US Imperial\Construction-Default.rte
  • Architectural: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Templates\US Imperial\default.rte
  • Structural: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Templates\US Imperial\Structural Analysis-Default.rte
  • Mechanical: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Templates\US Imperial\Mechanical-Default.rte

Default Path for Family Template Files

• C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Family Templates\English_I

Within the Places section of File Locations, add the two libraries:

• Imperial Library: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Libraries\US Imperial\
  • Imperial Detail Library: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Libraries\US Imperial\Detail Items\

Another way of doing this is to copy the Revit.ini file

From Here:

• C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\UserDataCache\

Paste it Here:

• C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2016\

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report