I'm trying to get a networked Autocad environment set up in my bureau; we've never had one before, and I'm not an Autocad user.
I already had a FLEXnet License Administrator running for another product, so followed the setup instructions for adding Autcad. I was able to do that, and I believe it is functioning properly. However, I must be doing something wrong on the client end, as I have not been able to get Autcad 2013 to take a license. I've been trying to figure out what I need to do on the client end to let Autocad know that I'm using the FLEXnet License Administrator. Suggestions?
I've downloaded the Autocad 2013 executable, and installed it, telling it to use the network option. I've identified the server to it (WBWISEINT). I was getting a 15.570.10035 error message, so looked that up and added two variables to my client machine - ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE = @WBWISEINT and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT = 1000000. Adding those only succeeded in changing the error message to 15.570.0. I've located the licpath.lic file in my Program FIles/Autodesk/Autocad 2013 folder, and it did not show the correct physical address, so I updated it. That didn't change the error message.
When I start up Autocad 2013, a FLEXnet License Finder dialog box comes up. I've tried both options - Specify the License Server System (I tried \\wbwiseint, "WBWISEINT" and "10.106.250.207) and Specify the License FIle (path to a copy of ACD2013enlicense.lic), and the screen returns with "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. Error [-15.570.0].
Server is running Windows Server 2008, and the client machine is running Windows XP sp3.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is almost always attributed to a firewall issue or IPv6. First make sure your NLM is running and the status enquiry shows licenses are available.
For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see this discussion post here:
Make sure the fireall is off or exceptions are made for the 4 .exe files and/or ports 27000 and 2080. You can verify this by using IE by typing:
You should get a result of:
Let me know what you find.
If the server is Server 2008 R2 and you are running the 11.9 or 11.10 license manager, you may need to downgrade to 11.7. The adskflex.exe has known to be problematic on R2. But 11.7 seems to work well.
Keep me posted. I was able to get 11.10 working on R2 the majority of the time. But 11.9 rarely ever worked. But I have yet to see 11.7 fail in the same fashion as 11.9 did and 11.10 sometimes does.
Both need to be open. LMGRD is the master daemon. ADSKFLEX is the vendor daemon. It is possible that your license file may have changed the master daemon port to something other than 27000. For example, if you have a redundant server, it might be using 27005. The header of the license file should show this. If there is nothing listed, it is default 27000. Chances are it is being firewall blocked.
The ADSFLEX_LICENSE_FILE overrides the LICPATH.LIC. You only need to put @SERVERNAME (or in yoru case @wbwiseint) as the value assuming the connection to DNS uses IPv4. Changing the LICPATH.LIC MAC entry does nothing because it is only used to point to the hostname. Thus 000000000000 is default and is irrelevant.
Make sure that you can PING your NLM server. Make sure it is IPv4. Make sure that you can test the connection on both 2080 *and* 27000 with the IE links. You may need to make exceptions for the four NLM .exe files as well as ports 2080 and 27000.
Also make sure that the NLM is actually running and that the status enquiry shows that licenses for your product are available. You are welcomed to post your status results here.
Not necessarily. You should be able to add 27000 to the end of the first line of your license file then save and reread it. That should force the master daemon to use 27000 at least for the ADSKFLEX vendor daemon connection. You might give that a try and verify the status to see that it is working as expected. I think once you get this part resolved, you'll be good to go.
As for the IPv6, you can bypass this by adding the IPv4 number and hostname of the NLM server to the HOSTS file on the workstation. That's all in my IPv6 fix link I posted previously (or in my sig line.)
That should work so long as you're using the same LMGRD file. Although it is best for each master daemon connection to use a different port for each service connection. In any case, I am glad you are up and running.
Search the Autodesk Knowledge Network for more content.
New: Get an Activation Code
Mac OS X 10.12 Support
Windows 10 Support
Autodesk Online Store Help
Serial Numbers & Product Keys
Installation & Licensing
Online Activation & Registration
Network License Administration