Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
mer123456
807 Views, 8 Replies

Flex Lm error

I have the Flex LM running on my server. It was running fine for a time but suddenly it started to just stop and tell the user that they lost there license and end their session. I have restarted the service and rebooted the server too. No difference.

The message in the status query looks like this:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server
The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: sewell02
License path: @sewell02
FLEXlm error: -15,570. System Error: 10035 "WinSock: Operation would
block"
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

Any help would be appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: mer123456

Make sure your Flex LM Service is running as a Windows Service so that it starts at boot.

Go to the Config Services tab and make sure both boxes are checked at the bottom for 'Use Services' and 'Start Server at Power Up.'

Save Service, then go to the Stop/Start/ReRead tab and start the service. Should be good to go.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

Also, if this is on a Windows XP Service Pack 2 machine, you need to add the lmgrd.exe and other LMTOOLS files to the exception list of the Windows Firewall.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

I guess I should also ask if you changed your license file at all? You might need to do a license re-read if so.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 5 of 9
mer123456

Thanks for the help......you were correct the services was not checked on, so I checked it and the box for start server at power up. The LMtools software then proceeds to lock up. I go into task manager and it says not responding. I wait a few minutes and end task and tried again. I tried it 4 times with the start server at power up on and off. Any other thoughts? My users are not happy.
MER
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Disable any firewall on your server and test.
"winsock.." is typically a problem with a firewall.

--
Best regards

Franck Hervet
http://www.aricad.fr

a écrit dans le message de news:4929095@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have the Flex LM running on my server. It was running fine for a time but
suddenly it started to just stop and tell the user that they lost there
license and end their session. I have restarted the service and rebooted
the server too. No difference.

The message in the status query looks like this:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server
The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: sewell02
License path: @sewell02
FLEXlm error: -15,570. System Error: 10035 "WinSock: Operation would
block"
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

Any help would be appreciated!
Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

Well, I suppose you could make sure the boxes are checked then save the service. And reboot. The service should start when the system comes back up.

If not, reinstall it. The footprint is so small that uninstalling and reinstalling literally takes less than a minute.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

we have a similar problem, the new license manager don't run on several windows 2000 systems with winsock errors

we find two solutions for two different customers:
1. we downgraded the license manager to version 9.22 with is distributed with AutoCAD 2005. This works fine even with the 2006 license files.

2. Change the Port from 2080 to 2090, perhaps an other application (license manager) is using port 2080...

best regards

Gerd Bartholomes
Message 9 of 9
mer123456

Thanks for the tips....we ended up removing it from that server and putting the software on another W2003 server....all has been well ever since.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report