Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file license.dat for ALGOR FEMPRO

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1634 Views, 7 Replies

file license.dat for ALGOR FEMPRO

Hello,

I have purchased the Algor FEmpro software to fea structural analysis in 2006 ( license AE43632 ). Now I need a new file license.dat why I have changed my pc.

I don't manage to attach the file create by software during the installation to obtain license.dat  ( pc-RBuratti.alr )

I'm waiting for you.

Best Regards

Riccardo Buratti

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem

I purchase my first pipepack product licence in 2002 , with refresh in 2004, 2007, 2009  version, V16, and V23.1  and now i cannot install the software on a new computer

This is rediculous because we paid for the licence !

Autodesk bought the Algor company and then drop everybody

Maybe we should do a class action against AutoDesk

Paul

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

You cannot.  The SCOTUS has already ruled about licensing in favor of Autodesk. 

I do sympathize with your issue though.  Do you still have your exising license .dat files from your old license manager?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I purchase my first Algor software in 2000

I renew in 2002 and 2004

There were no licence.dat file so it was easy to install.

When I purchased in 2007 the revision V16, there was a new flexlicence file:   licence.dat

Everytime I had a hard disck problem or I changed my computer, they would send me by email a different licence.date file to unlock the software

Now I can no longer installe the software on my portable because i dont have the proper licence.dat file

In that file ther is the hard disk serial number plus some algorithm thta i dont know how to modify

Do you have any solution

Paul

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I must add: that the lates revision was in 2009  version V23.1  ( equivalent to V10 ?)

and i have a different licence.dat file that is not transferable to my new laptop

Paul

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I have the same problem. I got the latest version of Algor Fempro V23.1 on december 2009 and now I had to change my computer, because I have lost the hdd partition where the software is installed and can not access the software.

I tried to install my Algor version in my new pc, but it can not connect to my old account.

What could I do?

@Anonymouswrote:

I must add: that the lates revision was in 2009  version V23.1  ( equivalent to V10 ?)

and i have a different licence.dat file that is not transferable to my new laptop

Paul

Message 7 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

You are talking about a product version that's like 8 or 9 years old..  Most likely you will not get any support for this or an updated license file since its no longer supported by Autodesk.   I will tag @natasha.l for her input.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Welcome. 

Autodesk provides support for the current version & three versions back. Please note that any older unsupported versions can become unavailable at any time & may not function on a newer operating system. Please review the system requirements for the application before attempting to download & install. 

I do know that more recent versions have a location C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\(product info.html) where the activation information is saved such as the request code, product key and serial #. I am not sure this is the case with this legacy product but you can try searching. As noted above though this does not mean that the application will perform properly on a newer operating system. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report