Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to Reinstall Autocad 2017 After Computer Crash

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
csduhaney
748 Views, 6 Replies

Failure to Reinstall Autocad 2017 After Computer Crash

My computer crashed so I lost all of my applications. I tried to download Autocad 2017 and everything appears exactly as it did when I downloaded it before, but the only components or products that are available to be installed are the CAD Manager Utility Control and LMTools Utility. I don't see Autodesk Autocad 2017, Recap 360 or any of the other components. When I finished installing, the Autocad icon doesn't even appear on my desktop and when I open the two installed products it says that there is no autodesk based product key in registry. Why am I getting this issue? How do I get around this issue to once again reinstall the full version with the necessary components? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Otto
in reply to: csduhaney

Hello csduhaney and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@csduhaney

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @csduhaney,

It seems like you had a systems crash in that case, you should follow the steps below to clean uninstall & reinstall properly. 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the application & use the MSfixitTool to complete it
  2. Reboot the computer & log in as Administrator 
  3. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter (Windows)
  4. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  5. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)
  6. After completing the installation you will need to activate with an uninterrupted internet connection 

Let us know if you have successfully installed and activated after following these steps. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @csduhaney

Did you give any of the suggestions try? Let us know if you need some more assistance. 

Thank you. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 7
csduhaney
in reply to: natasha.l

Yes, I tried the suggestions and now I have my Autocad 2018 up and running!
Thank you for all your help! 🙂
Message 7 of 7
csduhaney
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

It took me a while and a minor error with downloading one of the files, but I tried this method of installation and it worked. Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report