Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure message during installation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
luiww
443 Views, 6 Replies

Failure message during installation

I have the attached message while trying to install Inventor 2012.  I have Inventor 2011 in the system.  Do I need to remove 2011 in order to install 2012?

Any advise on what is wrong with my installation?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MATTHEW.GROSSKREUZ
in reply to: luiww

I've had the same problem with Autodesk Revit MEP 2012 and one otther one, ive tried a few installs and redownloaded it, nothing worked, did  you get yours working?

Message 3 of 7
SubMerged

Hello,

I was having the same problem and the fix I posted in reply to "Total installati​on failure consistent​ly"  posted by tc8224 worked for me and 2 others. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit so please take that into account.

Search for the "Total installati​on failure consistent​ly"  post & see if that's what you're facing.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

The problem is detailed in your log file.

It is failing on your C++ 2010 Redistributable.  Delete this program from your Control Panel > Programs and try to install again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
MATTHEW.GROSSKREUZ

It may have to do with the 2012 versions because I went and tried the 2011 and all I tried worked

Message 6 of 7

Yes, the 2012 versions typically are showing installation errors when the required prerequisites that are already installed are newer than the installer expects.  Generally uninstalling the prereq fixes this 99% of the time.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
luiww

Excellent and it works.  By removing the Microsoft C++ files as being told and re-installed the software.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report