Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure message during installation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
luiww
465 Views, 6 Replies

Failure message during installation

I have the attached message while trying to install Inventor 2012.  I have Inventor 2011 in the system.  Do I need to remove 2011 in order to install 2012?

Any advise on what is wrong with my installation?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: luiww

I've had the same problem with Autodesk Revit MEP 2012 and one otther one, ive tried a few installs and redownloaded it, nothing worked, did  you get yours working?

Message 3 of 7
SubMerged

Hello,

I was having the same problem and the fix I posted in reply to "Total installati​on failure consistent​ly"  posted by tc8224 worked for me and 2 others. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit so please take that into account.

Search for the "Total installati​on failure consistent​ly"  post & see if that's what you're facing.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

The problem is detailed in your log file.

It is failing on your C++ 2010 Redistributable.  Delete this program from your Control Panel > Programs and try to install again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

It may have to do with the 2012 versions because I went and tried the 2011 and all I tried worked

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, the 2012 versions typically are showing installation errors when the required prerequisites that are already installed are newer than the installer expects.  Generally uninstalling the prereq fixes this 99% of the time.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
luiww

Excellent and it works.  By removing the Microsoft C++ files as being told and re-installed the software.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report