Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
This page has been translated for your convenience with an automatic translation service. This is not an official translation and may contain errors and inaccurate translations. Autodesk does not warrant, either expressly or implied, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information translated by the machine translation service and will not be liable for damages or losses caused by the trust placed in the translation service. To translate this discussion, select the language.

Installation & Licensing

Accepted Solution

Facing problem while installing revit 2017 in windows 10

569 Views, 8 Replies
06-24-2016 12:50 AM

hi, help me to install the software..I attach the error log file.

@abiazhagiriEAY2C

Welcome to the community

Your download is failing due to the method you're using.

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Also when posting please make sure your personal information like your serial # is not included.   Although providing your installation log is crucial to resolving your issue, in doing so you shared your serial # with the entire world.  Smiley Wink   I will have the moderator remove it to protect your information.

Post 2 of 9

Re: Facing problem while installing revit 2017 in windows 10

06-24-2016 05:16 AM in reply to: abiazhagiriEAY2C

@abiazhagiriEAY2C

Welcome to the community

Your download is failing due to the method you're using.

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Also when posting please make sure your personal information like your serial # is not included.   Although providing your installation log is crucial to resolving your issue, in doing so you shared your serial # with the entire world.  Smiley Wink   I will have the moderator remove it to protect your information.

Mark Lancaster

, Certified Professional in Autodesk Inventor 2014/2015/Exam & AutoCAD 2014 and not an Autodesk Employee

Installation | Autodesk Virtual Agent | Autodesk Register Once | Activation/Chat | Microsoft FixitDesktop Sub-Grant User Access | Error 1603 | Autodesk Med Resolu LibrayInventor Reset | Screencast

Kudos is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

06-24-2016 07:09 PM in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

hi thank you..i installed the software.how could i delete the attachment of log? 

@Mark.Lancaster Mark Lancaster

02-20-2017 06:57 PM in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

How long will the extraction take? I have tried the steps you have layout out and when I Extract to C:\Autodesk. The menu just goes away and the Autodesk folder is Empty.

Post 5 of 9

02-20-2017 08:16 PM in reply to: zbanta0002GLSN7

@zbanta0002GLSN7

The extraction can take a few seconds or min or 2 to start but it shouldn't just disappear and do nothing.    @Alfred.NESWADBA shared the follow information with a user who was experiencing the same type of issue and it helped them.  You may want to give it a try..

"disable your antivirus system, make sure your destination is set to a local drive, copy the unpacked exe to a local folder, unplug or disconnect from network and start the (unpacked) exe with a right-click ==> "start as administrator".

Make sure the destination volume has enough free space."

Report back on your progress

Mark Lancaster

, Certified Professional in Autodesk Inventor 2014/2015/Exam & AutoCAD 2014 and not an Autodesk Employee

Installation | Autodesk Virtual Agent | Autodesk Register Once | Activation/Chat | Microsoft FixitDesktop Sub-Grant User Access | Error 1603 | Autodesk Med Resolu LibrayInventor Reset | Screencast

Kudos is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

02-21-2017 05:58 PM in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark, 

Every time that i go to install it gives me this screen, then everything just disappears.

Revit self help Question.PNG

Thanks for your help,

Zack

Post 7 of 9

02-21-2017 07:03 PM in reply to: zbanta0002GLSN7

@zbanta0002GLSN7

Is that still based on the information/recommendations that I provided in my last reply?

Mark Lancaster

04-21-2017 08:44 AM in reply to: abiazhagiriEAY2C
I install ravit 2017 but a massage face- 'you cannot install this product on the current operating system'
Please give me solution.
Post 9 of 9

04-21-2017 08:47 AM in reply to: jaswant.kandari0

@jaswant.kandari0

Welcome to the community..

I can only assume you have Win 10..  Can you provide your actual operating system along with any service packs..

Mark Lancaster

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post