Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem while installing revit 2017 in windows 10

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
abiazhagiric
2542 Views, 9 Replies

Facing problem while installing revit 2017 in windows 10

hi, help me to install the software..I attach the error log file.

Untitled.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@abiazhagiric

Welcome to the community

Your download is failing due to the method you're using.

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Also when posting please make sure your personal information like your serial # is not included.   Although providing your installation log is crucial to resolving your issue, in doing so you shared your serial # with the entire world.  Smiley Wink   I will have the moderator remove it to protect your information.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10

hi thank you..i installed the software.how could i delete the attachment of log? 

@Mark.Lancaster Mark Lancaster

Message 4 of 10

How long will the extraction take? I have tried the steps you have layout out and when I Extract to C:\Autodesk. The menu just goes away and the Autodesk folder is Empty.

Message 5 of 10

@zbanta0002GLSN7

The extraction can take a few seconds or min or 2 to start but it shouldn't just disappear and do nothing.    @Alfred.NESWADBA shared the follow information with a user who was experiencing the same type of issue and it helped them.  You may want to give it a try..

"disable your antivirus system, make sure your destination is set to a local drive, copy the unpacked exe to a local folder, unplug or disconnect from network and start the (unpacked) exe with a right-click ==> "start as administrator".

Make sure the destination volume has enough free space."

Report back on your progress

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 10

Mark, 

Every time that i go to install it gives me this screen, then everything just disappears.

Revit self help Question.PNG

Thanks for your help,

Zack

Message 7 of 10

@zbanta0002GLSN7

Is that still based on the information/recommendations that I provided in my last reply?

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 10

I install ravit 2017 but a massage face- 'you cannot install this product on the current operating system'
Please give me solution.
Message 9 of 10

@jaswant.kandari0

Welcome to the community..

I can only assume you have Win 10..  Can you provide your actual operating system along with any service packs..

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 10

Check the install log.

The culprit is on Microsoft C++ distribution packages, 2005 x86 installer notably. I manage to sort out 2008 C++ problems googling for higher versions, but the 2005 x86 installer which is already outdated reached its end of life term, you can't get other resource.

I wonder why for such as a sophisticated product, a small thingy 2MB file C++ 2005 x86 outdated installer could messed up a +5 gig installation process. Revit 2017 is a pure x64 app, why would it require an outdated x86 distribution package anyway?

Autodesk needs to address that as technology advances on latest software and hardware these days are moving fast and high up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report