Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after running Maya2017 on Ubuntu 16.04

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
karol.grzesiakk
598 Views, 1 Reply

Errors after running Maya2017 on Ubuntu 16.04

So i have this problem, after launching maya i got those errors pop out in terminal:

Graphic device does not support OpenGL Core Profile, fallback to OpenGL renderer.
VP2 Error : Failed to initialize graphics device.
Error: The GPU adaptor of the transform to finalize is null
Error: Failed to apply color management settings on file open: Failed to finalize the color transform..
Error: The GPU adaptor of the transform to finalize is null
Error: Failed to finalize the color transform.
Failed to register registerFragments.
API error detected in /local/S/Maya_2017_DI/src/Maya/src/Components/BifrostTmp/plugins/mayavis/BFPlugin.cpp at line 117
: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
00:00:00   835MB WARNING | [mtoa] Extension hairPhysicalShaderTranslator(/opt/solidangle/mtoa/2017/extensions/hairPhysicalShaderTranslator.so) requires Maya plugin hairPhysicalShader, registering will be deferred until plugin is loaded.

Anyone got some solutions or tips? Would greatly appreciate.

Installed Maya on Ubuntu using this script: https://gist.github.com/borgfriend/b83467639cb8039dc79974bf780a4994

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
natasha.l
in reply to: karol.grzesiakk

Hello @karol.grzesiakk,

Thank you for your post. I have a link to the system requirements for Maya 2017 and Ubuntu for Linux is not listed as a supported system only 

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5  & 7.2 WS, CentOS 6.5  & 7.2 Linux operating system.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, if I have helped answer your question please "Accept As Solution" to my reply. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report