Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing AutoCad 2017

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rjmgerri
991 Views, 9 Replies

Error while installing AutoCad 2017

Hello everybody,

I recently tried to update my AutoCad 2012 to Autocad 2017 and tried to install Revit.

Before I did this i made sure to remove all the existing Autodesk files (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-p...

When I try to install the newer versions I get a Error which says:

ExecutableFileSettingsPage was not found in 

c:\users\[myusername]\appdata\local\temp\_ai97e9.tmp\setup\acdeployui.dll!

the only thing I can do then is press OK and then the next error appears

Failed to load

c:\users\[myusername]\appdata\local\temp\_ai97e9.tmp\setup\acdeployui.dll (193)!

Then everything stops and disappears and nothing has been installed...

Can somebody please help me I really need AutoCad to word properly because I get refused in class when it's nog working

If the story isn't clear please tell me, English is not my first language and I will try to explain it better.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jason
in reply to: rjmgerri

@rjmgerri wrote:

Hello everybody,

I recently tried to update my AutoCad 2012 to Autocad 2017 and tried to install Revit.

Before I did this i made sure to remove all the existing Autodesk files (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-p...

When I try to install the newer versions I get a Error which says:

ExecutableFileSettingsPage was not found in 

c:\users\[myusername]\appdata\local\temp\_ai97e9.tmp\setup\acdeployui.dll!

the only thing I can do then is press OK and then the next error appears

Failed to load

c:\users\[myusername]\appdata\local\temp\_ai97e9.tmp\setup\acdeployui.dll (193)!

Then everything stops and disappears and nothing has been installed...

Can somebody please help me I really need AutoCad to word properly because I get refused in class when it's nog working

If the story isn't clear please tell me, English is not my first language and I will try to explain it better.

What are your computer specs?  Specific OS, RAM, video card, etc.

Message 3 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@rjmgerri

Welcome to the community...

Personally I've never seen this before or a error message like this.  Are you getting this when you install AutoCAD or Revit?

In addition where are you installing your product from?  Can you specify that location?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 10
rjmgerri
in reply to: jason

Thanks for the quick response,

It's a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15

Windows 10 Home

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200 CPU @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM 8,00 GB

Video Card: Intel (R) HD Graphics Family

I've got to tell I'm not really a computer guy so I hope this is the right information you need

Thanks, Rob

Message 5 of 10
rjmgerri
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

It pops up when I Install AutoCad, I just installed Revit but when I try to open it it gives immediately an error saying A software problem has caused Revit 2017 to close unexpectedly. 

Then It's possible to send an Email to Autodesk to resolve the issue.. 

So they both are not working unfortunately

Rob 

Message 6 of 10
flor.boydens

Hi Rob,

I am running into exactly the same problem. How did you solve it ?

Flor

Message 7 of 10
rjmgerri
in reply to: flor.boydens

Hi Flor,

It's been a while but I've been trying stuff for days...

Tried stuff with firewalls, virusscans, first download then install I cant think of things I didn't try

In the end it all didn't work out so I had to do the thing wich I hoped I didn't had to do.

But I bought a external hard drive and made backup from my computer and did a factory reset.

Thank god it worked this time, the first thing I did was install AutoCad and Revit and after that I've replaced my old stuff..

Unfortunatelly I don't have a simple solution so the factory reset is the only thing that might work...

Good luck with it and if you need help just let me know

Rob 

Message 8 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @rjmgerri,

Sorry for the frustration. This message could be popping up because a product is interfering with the Autodesk software. 

Please uninstall DisplayLink Core Software if you have it on the system first, and then try the AutoCAD installation as follows:

1. Log in as an Administrator 
  2. Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter 
  3. Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  4. Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7Windows 10 
  5. Install ACAD locally on your system from the installation media or download all of the parts via the Autodesk Virtual Agent

Thank you for posting and let us know how it goes. 

Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community.

Message 9 of 10
flor.boydens

Hi Rob,

Thanks for answering so quickly, 
I'll clean up my pc and if that doesn't work I'll have to do as you did.

I'll try to keep you updated.

Flor

Message 10 of 10

I had the same issue while trying this version and 2018 version too. The main issue is that even following all those instructions it doesn't work either... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report