Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing BDSU 2014 from web

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
corey_schiller
2620 Views, 2 Replies

Error installing BDSU 2014 from web

I donwloaded the Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 update from autodesk subscription center using the Autodesk download manager which gave me (5) files:

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm_001_005.sfx

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm_002_005.sfx

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm_003_005.sfx

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm_004_005.sfx

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm_005_005.sfx

I extracted them and launched the "Setup.exe" file in the newly created "Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm" directory.  The installer starts and says initializing but then an error window opens saying "The system cannot open the device of file specified. C:\Users\CSCHIL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIB367.tmp\x64\NAVMAN\roamer.msi"

Image 1.png

I've gone to this directory and confirmed the roamer.msi file does exist here.  I've tried clearing the Temp directory and re-extracting the installer from the downloaded files with the same result.

Possibly worth noting, I downloaded the web files to my 😧 drive, and extracted them to the C: drive (SSD) for installing, if that makes any difference.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: corey_schiller

Clear your %TEMP% folder and make sure you are installing with local admin rights, UAC off, and especially your anti-virus turned off. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
corey_schiller
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, it was the anti-virus!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report