Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 1603 when installing Revit 2020

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
974 Views, 4 Replies

Error code 1603 when installing Revit 2020

Hello,

I am trying to install Revit 2020, student version but I keep getting error 1603. 

For now, because I have projects due in school, I have installed the 2017 version, and it seems to be working, but I would really like to upgrade to the 2020 version. 

I have tried all trouble shooting, including these steps I received from the customer support team, but they don't work and I keep getting the same error... 

File Explorer. Disable your antivirus software / turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one. Make sure           you have any security software (pop-up blocker, anti-virus, etc.) turned off for both the download and install to           prevent we request you, please refer given below links and use the all clean uninstall method from given below           links. Please follow the steps - Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, enter %TEMP% in the address           bar of file corruption.
         Clean uninstall Link - Link provided by customer support, unable to include it here
         Mac OS clean uninstall link - Link provided by customer support, unable to include it here
         Microsoft Fixit - Link provided by customer support, unable to include it here
         Once, you completely uninstall the product, please reboot the system and later re-install the product.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, this did not work, I keep getting the same error. After the whole process of installation is over, I get the error 1603 (2nd image in the link you provided).

For now, I have installed the 2017 version, and that seems to be working so far. 

Since I have class work due every week, I don't have enough time to go back and forth. 

I am going to revisit this issue after my semester is over. Hope it works at that time. 

Regards, and thank you for your time. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I tried installing Revit 2020 again today (twice) after performing all the troubleshooting steps in the above link, but still having the same issue. 

Is there a solution to this issue at all? 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I tried installing Revit 2020 again today (twice) after performing all the troubleshooting steps in the above link, but still having the same issue. 

Is there a solution to this issue at all? 

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report