Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error- cabinet file 'Meteri~1.cab during download

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
schum108
1241 Views, 6 Replies

error- cabinet file 'Meteri~1.cab during download

I am a student who was given an assignment and I would like to do it at home. The only problem is when I go to download inventor 2017 the error- cabinet file 'Meteri~1.cab' - pops up and I can no longer proceed in the install. If anybody knows of an answer please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Otto
in reply to: schum108

Hello schum108 and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@schum108

Welcome to the community...

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Yep.  Install from the virtual agent as Mark suggested.  And absolutely make sure that your anti-virus is temporarily disabled during install.  Sometimes they block .cab and .dll files from installing. 

Please let us know if you are successful as it helps the rest of the forum.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7

I followed the steps you listed after disabling my anti-virus/internet security, and I'm still having issues. The first time I tried to extract, there were no files in the Autodesk folder. The second time I tried there were, but the install didn't start and trying to manually start the setup also didn't work. I deleted everything and did a fresh download of the files, but again there is nothing in the Autodesk folder.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: aleithiatoews

Download all the files from the Virtual Agent.   Manually save them to C:\Autodesk.  Then manually run the first file.  It should do the rest. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
aleithiatoews
in reply to: TravisNave

I did as you said with the same result. I uninstalled my antivirus/web protection (stupid thing had no off switch), disabled Windows Firewall and Defender, rebooted the computer, downloaded the files again, and got the same result. I also tried the regular installer from the free trial and saw the same error as before. I even enabled Windows features I had turned off during the OS install and nothing. Finally, frustrated and losing time to prepare for an interview, I installed on my daughter's computer (we both run Windows 10 Home) and it worked fine on the first try.

EDIT: I also installed Google Chrome and tried downloading the files from that browser with the same results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report