Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1406 When installing AutoCAD 2017

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
toznal
2903 Views, 10 Replies

Error 1406 When installing AutoCAD 2017

Hi, there.

I'm trying to install AutoCAD 2017 of Product Design Suite.

Inventor is installed but AutoCAD has an error.

It says "Error 1406, Could not write value Assembly to key (key name). Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I saw some solutions, but It didn't help. Because there are so many keys on error. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

If I would try to edit registry, I would not finish forever.

Please help me to install AutoCAD........

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: toznal

@toznal

How are you installing your product?  Through your Autodesk Account, like using Install now, Browser download?   Have you downloaded and installed using the Autodesk Virtual Agent?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 11
toznal
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi! 

Thank you for response.

I'm installing by Installation USB.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@toznal

It doesn't sound like you have the proper permission to your machine/registry...  If you don't give the installer the proper permission than you are not going to get the application installed.  Is the USB something you got from Autodesk or another source?  You should copy over the files to a spot on your hard drive and install from there.  But I would recommend that you right mouse click on setup.exe and select run as administrator.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
toznal
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi,

I got USB from Autodesk. So this USB has no problem and other people installed by same USB.

of course I tried installing as Administrator and I login PC as Administrator.

I have no idea what's problem.

Autodesk article doesn't help at all...

Please help me .....

Message 6 of 11
Darin.Green

@toznal

Copy the media to the hard drive ( ie. C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017 ), then disable your antivirus and UAC, then try installing the software from the local hard drive.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 11
toznal
in reply to: Darin.Green

Hi! Thank you for response.

I downloaded setup files from Autodesk accounts and didn't use USB. this means I have installing files on local drive.

And then I tried installing again. But It didn't work. same problems........

I really need to install AutoCAD.....Please HELP......

Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@toznal

Your log indicated it failed again in the same spot but I don't know if it changed since your last attempt.  In addition you shouldn't use your Autodesk Account to install your application.  Smiley Wink

At this point, perform a clean uninstall per these instructions.  Just make sure to adjust settings if you have other Autodesk products already installed/working on your machine.  Clean out our personal (%temp%) folder and make sure you have full admin rights, UAC is disabled and anti-virus is temporary disabled.

Now, download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Now keep in mind the installation could still fail but good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.  Like I said post the log file again after this try so we can review it and offer other solutions.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 11
natasha.l

Hello @toznal,

As you mentioned, you are receiving the Error 1406, it is a permissions issue that can be very difficult to correct by going into the registry and adjusting them with read/write permissions. 

A common solution that sometimes resolves the issue is to try and login as a user with full administrator rights (create a new user profile) and try a clean uninstall. 

Message 10 of 11
natasha.l

Hello @toznal,

Let us know how it went and if you found a resolution to this issue, provide some feedback that worked for you to help other if you have any.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 11
공명온
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi, I appreciate it.

I solved this problem.

It was related with AD permission something..

I have no idea with this. anyway It solved.

Thank you guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report