Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Observer
2 Posts
Post 1 of 3

Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Student Edition professional use question

330 Views, 2 Replies
01-22-2014 01:29 PM
I'm a student in college about to graduate and have grown accustomed to the 3DS Max, mudbox, Maya, and was looking for a way to use it in the future. I came across a pamphlet from an online retailer that sold the "Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2014 Student" package for a discounted price and was thinking of buying, but once I looked over some of the Student License information (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=18270111) it states that student products can not be used for "for-profit" purposes. Question: I'm wondering if this means that if I purchase this package am I still able to professionally use whatever I make (i.e. I'm trying to make and sell Indie Video games and I need to know if I can legally use this product to do so) or am I limited to certain restrictions?
AUTODESK EXPERT ELITE
6969 Posts
801 Kudos
284 Solutions
Post 2 of 3

Re: Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Student Edition professional use question

01-22-2014 01:35 PM in reply to: ksimms

Anything in a student package is for learning only.  That applies to the content you generate as well.  You cannot later open it with a "pro"/paid for package and reversion it.

Aren't the Educational versions supposed to be free to students?  Is this from an authorized AutoDesk reseller or a personal sale?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Highlighted
Observer
2 Posts
Post 3 of 3

Re: Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Student Edition professional use question

01-22-2014 01:58 PM in reply to: dgorsman
I'm not sure if this will come up correctly but here's a link to the package information: http://www.journeyed.com/item/Autodesk/Entertainment+Creation+Suite/1561755
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Community Alert

The Autodesk Community Forums, Blogs, and Idea Boards will be in read only mode starting on 2/12 at 9PM PST through 12PM PST on 2/13. Please see the following for more information: Site Maintenance Notification

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Announcements
Community Alert | The Autodesk Community Forums, Blogs, and Idea Boards will be in read only mode starting on 2/12 at 9PM PST through 12PM PST on 2/13. Please see the following for more information: Site Maintenance Notification