Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eagle integrated in Fusion360

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
333 Views, 2 Replies

Eagle integrated in Fusion360

I've been using Eagle for 25years from version 3 from 1995. I've been working for Airbus, Motorola, Renault,...

I've spent several thousand $ to pay for many licenses and renew my yearly license each year since it has been bought by Autodesk.

Today I've tried to renew my license that has expired. I'm discovering that Eagle is now fully integrated in Fusion 360 and that the price has is now nearly 500$ per year.

IS THIS A JOKE ???

I cannot understand this huge marketing mistake.

Fusion360 is a 3D software, Eagle was a electronic EDA software. 3D has nothing to do with electronic design. As experienced engineer, we think already in 3D. We don't need any software to show components in 3D. This is time consuming and useless to create/define packages in 3D. It can of course be an interesting marketing option to show off your know-how but this brings nothing to the quality of an electronic product.

I'm ready to pay 2000$ or more to have a stand alone lincense without Fusion360.

Is there anybody worried about this concern ?

Autocad must know this concern and offer new possibilities. For the time being, I'll go back to my stand alone V6.5.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Friend, no one here is Autodesk, we are end users just like you, and this forum's focus is on installation and licensing issues, not opinions: if you need to vent, contact your reseller and give them good feedback to forward, plus a local park corner on a soapbox since that is always fun.

If you want other ideas from fellow Eagle users like you, try here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle/ct-p/4001

Good luck.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your message, I've already talked to Autodesk people, they take my request in account. Honestly I don't think they care. I regret the email group from CADSOFT 15 years ago.

Integrate Eagle in Fusion kills that nice software. I see colleagues/friends migrate now to KIKAD. So sad

This new license fee has been started beginning of this year and all the ongoing licenses from last year are ending now. So I guess I am not the only one to encounter this situation

PS. your link doesn't go anywhere

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report