Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Views and Viewports on the same Layout - Incompatible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Chuck.Ross
198 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing Views and Viewports on the same Layout - Incompatible?

I am working on a drawing that has a combination of "Drawing Views" - Mader from the new Layout tools (Viewbase, Sections and Details) - However I also have traditional viewports on the same Layout. - I am unable to get the viewports to publish.....Are they incompatible on the same Layout Tab?

Why?

I have also just discovered that the Drawing Views are not backward compatible with previous releases (They cannot be edited or updated....) even when saved back to the same .dwg version. - I did not see this in any of the previous documentation - Only found it in the 2015 documentation...

Again why? - This was a very painful and disappointing discovery....perhaps it was documented and I just miussed it, but this is a HUGE liability and should have been more urgently advertized. Disapointing!

Chuck

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drp281
in reply to: Chuck.Ross

this is the installation and licensing forum

you need to post in the correct product forum since you don't say what product your using i can't point you to the correct one

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Discussions-Page

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report