Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading and activating a 2016 perpetual license

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1730 Views, 9 Replies

Downloading and activating a 2016 perpetual license

I purchased 2 AutoCAD 2016 licenses for my company through autodesk that we never activated. I'm trying to figure out how i can download AutoCAD 2016 and then use my serial numbers to activate it...? 

Brad

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> how i can download AutoCAD 2016 and then use my

>> serial numbers to activate it...? 

Go to your subscription center (https://manage.autodesk.com), there you find the download link(s) as well as the serials.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10

@Alfred.NESWADBA

It looks like your reply got separated from the original posting..

@Discussion_Admin please take a look at this separation..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

use this online feature from Autodesk https://ava.autodesk.com/
Message 5 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Almost 3 years later you want to start using them...  Smiley LOL    Did you use those license to upgrade at any time?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes that’s correct. They were purchased for two additional employees that we never got. We have now expanded to those two additional employees and need the installers for their computers. Is there a location on the website I can go to or do I need to go through Autodesk to retrieve them?

Thanks
Brad
Message 7 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

@pendean already provided that info or in a formal reply..  Smiley LOL

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for being a member of the community. 

The community provided you with two options, where you can locate the download it is available through your  Autodesk Account or AVA the virtual agent. 

You first want to prepare your system for a download & install, here are some simple steps to take. 

1. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  2. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  3. Make sure you have a strong connection & good internet speed 
  4. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter (Windows)
  5. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  6. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 9 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Just checking in with you, hope you were able to download & install AutoCAD 2016 version? Please let us know 

& "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Unfortunately I bought this through a reseller and never downloaded it in
2016, now it seems almost impossible to get the windows installer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report