Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Issue - Access Denied

51 REPLIES 51
Message 1 of 52
drb7
3532 Views, 51 Replies

Download Issue - Access Denied

I have recently purcahsed Autocad LT 2013. I also downloaded the Akamai NetSession Interface. When I go to download my purchase I get this

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xBpFs.png[/IMG]

I turned off my firewall when I went to download as well. How do I fix this?

51 REPLIES 51
Message 41 of 52
philip.s
in reply to: texrat

My apologies for the inconvenience @texrat and hopefully I can help get you up and running.

As a workaround to the aforementioned error, have you tried downloading the software directly from the Autodek Virtual Agent utilizing the Browser Download method?

I also wanted to note that the behavior you detailed with the activation errors is by designed as one can not download and activate individual components of a suite using the same suite license credentials.

Please let me know if the VA resolves the issue!

Message 42 of 52
texrat
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for the quick reply Phillip.

None of the support emails I received mentioned the VA option, even after I repeatedly informed them that none of the suggested methods were helping.  However, I did get a response from AutodeskHelp on twitter that suggested it, and I was able to get downloads going last night using VA.  It seems to me that whoever is manning email support needs to be informed of escalation options, so they don't keep responding with useless boilerplate.

Regarding activation errors: I wasn't downloading individual components.  I downloaded the trial of both suites entirely, and still ran into registration issues.  I'll try again tonight with the files I downloaded and see if those work.

Thanks again!

Message 43 of 52
philip.s
in reply to: texrat

You're most very welcome and please keep me posted as to how it works out!

In regards to the feedback, I will definitely be passing this along to the appropriate parties.

Message 44 of 52
texrat

Phillip, I successfully downloaded both suites, but cannot install either.

The Entertainment Suite stops at installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1.  No product is installed (all were selected).  Error message in log is

2014/4/21:21:50:07 Tarrant Maker TM-LABPC2 Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x86): "C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_ECSU_2014_English_Japanese_Win_64bit_dlm\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2005SP1ATL\vcredist_x86.exe" /q:a /T:C:\Windows\temp /c:"VCREDI~3.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\Tarrant Maker\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2005.log"" "
2014/4/21:21:56:47 Tarrant Maker TM-LABPC2 Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

The Product Design Suite reports that the product key I was provided is invalid and will not install.

That's out of the scope of this thread so I'll search and see if anyone else has reported these experiences.

Message 45 of 52
jon.oliverson

I'm having the same issue trying to download Sketchbook Pro 6 32-bit. It's an upgrade from 2011.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 46 of 52
philip.s
in reply to: jon.oliverson

@texrat , were you able to find another solution that resolved the C++ install issue?

@jon.oliverson, as mentioned above, have you tried downloading the software directly from the Autodek Virtual Agent utilizing the Browser Download method?  

Message 47 of 52
carrollh
in reply to: drb7

Hi. I'm having the same issue with Sketchbook Pro 6. I downloaded it and installed it when I purchased it in March of 2013 just fine. But I recently had to wipe my computer and I want ot re-install it. I'm going to the order tracking page and using my order number and password to get to the download link, and I have reinstalled the Akamai downloader and rebooted. I've tried disabling my firewall and my anti-virus. I'm still getting the Access Denied! message. At this point I can only assume it's on Autodesk's end.

Help?

Message 48 of 52
e.adam
in reply to: Michael1114

Dear all,

I face a similar issue: "Zugriff verweigert" by downloading AutoCAD LT 2016.

All help is welcome ! Thank you.

Message 49 of 52
camilo.lemos
in reply to: e.adam

Hi @e.adam and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

AutoCAD LT 2016 is available for download from our Virtual Agent. Click here, select Download Links, choose product and version and you should be able to download the program.

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 50 of 52
e.adam
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Dear Camillo,

Thank you for quick reply.

The download has begun.

BR

Message 51 of 52
camilo.lemos
in reply to: e.adam

You're welcome @e.adam!

Glad to hear the download is progressing well:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 52 of 52
Anonymous
in reply to: drb7

I am having this same problem too. I tried to download Maya 2017 and it says "Access is denied."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report