Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Centre problems - PLEASE HELP

49 REPLIES 49
SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
josh
40170 Views, 49 Replies

Download Centre problems - PLEASE HELP

I have been a registered user since 2009 and have always been able to download programs from the download centre, but as of the last few days, I downloaded showcase 2012, but now every time I try to go to the Download Centre page.

It thinks I'm not logged in, even though when I navigate to another page, other than the Download page, it knows I'm logged in there. This is very frustrating as I need to download Inventor 2012 for school assignments.

Also, I'm not sure if it is related but, every time I log in to Autodesk Students, My home page says "Resend Activation Email" and a few other words in another language, and I've also noticed that the language has changed as well, to German.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Josh.

49 REPLIES 49
Message 2 of 50
josh
in reply to: josh

After looking at my profile, I noted that my "Browser used for last visit" includes this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.71 Safari/534.24

I haven't used firefox since 2008, I've never used AppleWebKit or Safari.

I'm hoping it hasn't been hacked.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh.

Message 3 of 50
matthew.lamont

Your not the only one buddy,

I get the exact same problem, I'm trying to download the new AutoCad and I can't log in on that one page.

It just re directs me to the home page and when i return to the Download Center I'm not logged in

I thought Auto desk were better than this but after a little look around the forum here there are heaps of issues

If someone can help solve these problems can it happen quickly?

Message 4 of 50
josh

After hours of mucking around I managed to get in once, but not again. I had to download Inventor 2012 and finally got it this morning. I saved the link in my favourites so I could 'bypass' the downloads centre:
Inventor Professional 2012 - English 32bit

Maybe, if you knew AutoCAD's id number, you could substitute it in the address.

Also I recieved an email (a reply to my customer support email) from Autodesk saying that they were having problems with the Get Software section, so everyone must be having the same problem.

And just out of curiosity, does your homepage have 'resend activation email' and some French words? I also noted that they changed to German after a while, and then changed back (even though I'm in Australia).

Hope this helps and thanks for your input,

Josh.

Message 5 of 50
matthew.lamont

Yes I am getting the re-send activation page. But no french or german.

Message 6 of 50
hcpedraza
in reply to: matthew.lamont
Message 7 of 50
josh

Thank you guys for replying quickly and positively Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 50
mellis1995
in reply to: hcpedraza

thanks so much! total life saver 🙂 but it seems they still havnt fixed this problem 

Message 9 of 50
mellis1995

Hey if its a help to anyone I found the 64bit version at http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_detail_v3&product_id=10752 

Message 10 of 50
dbrandtllc
in reply to: hcpedraza

This is not the software I am looking to download for myself, but I have tried every link posted in this discussion and each one redirects me to http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=register_resend ... with the same headline "Resend Activation Email" ...

Anyone figure this out yet?

Message 11 of 50
garsia77
in reply to: matthew.lamont

where u able to get it going

Message 12 of 50
markga

I keep getting a resend activation email page instead of the download page, even though I've already registered. When i click for support, it just shows me the same resend activation page again. Frustrating. 

Message 13 of 50
adityaj
in reply to: markga

Same exact problem. Guess it's a site-wide issue (as others have commented). I would guess that it would return to normal soon.

Message 14 of 50
josh
in reply to: markga

I'm sorry, but I can't really be of much help as I have not tried this since about the start of this year 😞 but if anyone else has a solution, please continue to post 🙂

Message 15 of 50
wwright

I have tried creating a new student account but same promblem here, also sent a support assistance form thing so hopefully they're working on in  

Message 16 of 50
philip.s
in reply to: wwright

Thank you very much for all of you patience and we greatly apologize for the inconvenience.

The Education Community site error looping users through a "resend activation prompt" has been resolved, and you should now be able to access your student benefits via the link below.

http://students.autodesk.com/

Please note for future reference, you can download software from our autodesk.com site and run as a trial for a temporary workaround, and or request a license from the Autodesk Education facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Autodeskedcommunity).

Message 17 of 50
josh
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you 🙂

Message 18 of 50
mthous72

I am still having the resend activation problem today.  NO end in sight to getting to my serial numbers I have already downloaded.  Please advise.

Message 19 of 50
philip.s
in reply to: mthous72

Hi Matthew,

I'm not sure what caused the hold up as I've just reset your password and verified access to the Education Community benefits. I'll PM your login credentials to you shortly.

Please let me know if you experience any further issues.

Message 20 of 50
mthous72

It worked for two clicks.  I logged in, and clicked on "My Software" to get my serial numbers, and it put me right back into the "Resend Activation" loop again.

Matt Houston

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report