Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
arobinson
227 Views, 2 Replies

Distributed Licenses

Is there a way to incorporate the distributed licenses in an Acad 2002 image? I have a variety of Map, Mech, Land, & 2002 licenses divided across 2 license servers. I have created images for deployment but the .lic file only records a single license server during the image creation. I would like include the modified .lic file in my images. I could push the .lic file after the initial installation but I would rather do it all in 1 shot. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: arobinson

I don't think that the licpath.lic file supports the distributed server model. I think that you need to take a look at setting
environment variables rather than the licpath.lic file.

To include this in a "distribution" you could write a batch file that first runs a reg file before beginning the acad installation.

The batch file would look something like

@echo off
regedit /s \\servername\sharename\license.reg
\\servername\sharename\deployfolder\setup.exe
cls

and the reg file should look something like

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]
"LM_LICENSE_FILE"="@server1:@server2"

--
jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"arobinson" wrote in message news:f0b78d0.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is there a way to incorporate the distributed licenses in an Acad 2002 image? I have a variety of Map, Mech, Land, & 2002 licenses
divided across 2 license servers. I have created images for deployment but the .lic file only records a single license server during
the image creation. I would like include the modified .lic file in my images. I could push the .lic file after the initial
installation but I would rather do it all in 1 shot. Thanks
>
Message 3 of 3
arobinson
in reply to: arobinson

The licpath.lic does support the distributed server model. I have tested it with the above AutoCAD modules and the failover works great. The only problem that I have noticed is that it dosen't reset to the first server the next time that you start a session. It hangs on to the last good license server. Creating a bat file is a good idea and that is most likely what I will do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report