Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
411 Views, 2 Replies

Disk Space

I apologize if this has been asked before, but in the system requirements it says 3-4gb of space if im not mistaken. Although, in total autodesk is taking up 9gb give or take. It has created its own file on my c-drive which contains a file entitled "Autodesk_3ds_Max_2014_EFGJKS_Win_64bit_wi_en-US" and another one "WI", in total this file is  6.16gb. Then in programData, there is another autodesk folder with "3ds Max 2014" and "Composite2014", that folder its around 3.5gb give or take. So my question is, why do i have two folders, and do i need the first mentioned one?

SSD drives sure can be fun 🙂

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

The first is the extracted, but not yet installed, Max distribution (the "autodesk" one). If you look in the folders there you'll find little except executables, .msi files and .cab files. WI is an oddity - I certainly don't have one (though I do still have the first one). I have no idea what it is.
Those under Program Files are the actual installation which you obviously can't remove (if you want to continue using Max anyway). The first one can be moved elsewhere, or removed, though if you delete it you may not be able to reinstall without re-downloading, should that become necessary. Does depend on exactly what, and how, you downloaded.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

I had a feeling that was the case. Thank you very much for the response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report