Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Connector failing to install error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1755 Views, 3 Replies

Desktop Connector failing to install error

Hello,

I am having problems installing Desktop Connector.

I downloaded the desktop connector zip file which executes the setup.exe file and opens up the Autodesk installer,  it gets to around 50% when it gives an error (I have attached a screenshot).2021-07-14 (2).png

Looking up the issue did not help much as there is little to no information regarding this problem.

Your support/feedback would be much appreciated.

(If this was posted in the wrong category, my apologies, I could not find an appropriate category for the Desktop Connector specifically).

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thanks for posting in the forum. 

Please run through these basic installation prep steps below: 

1. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  2. Make sure you have an uninterrupted high-speed connection to the internet & try adjusting your  LAN  & proxy settings etc.
  3. Temporarily disable/disconnect security features such as Antivirus, Firewall, VPN & UAC on your Windows operating system.
  4. Try reviewing & following the steps in the Desktop Connector Help page. 

- Install Desktop Connector, access the download from your Autodesk Account

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hello @natasha.l,

Thank you for your feedback,

I tried all the possible fixes on the help page you linked, but unfortunately, it did not help, and the problem persists. 

Your further assistance would be much appreciated.

Lenese

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hello @natasha.l,

Can I try to install an older version of Desktop Connector to see if that would help in any way?

Specifically v. 14.10.0.1456 from June 1, 2021.

Lenese

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report