Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment problems with 2024

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
shastu
594 Views, 7 Replies

Deployment problems with 2024

Has anyone else had problems with the Deployments of the 2024 versions?  I created a deployment on a network server in order to install Inventor, Vault, and Mechanical Desktop.  After I created the deployment, I tested it at least once and from what I can remember it worked fine. I was hoping that I would be able to kick off multiple deployments at the same time, and then come back and they would all be done.  I started with about six running at the same time and started running into multiple problems and none of them were consistent.  On some machines, I didn't see any dialog boxes as if it had finished but not all the programs had installed, and it wasn't always the same one.  Sometimes it was Inventor that didn't install, other times Inventor Installed but AutoCAD Mechanical didn't.  Then there were some where Vault was the only thing that Installed.  Then there were times where I would see a dialog box that told me "Some products not installed. Please contact your administrator".  When I would see this, I would try to run the deployment again and after quite a bit of time, I would usually see a message that said, "Restart required, Please restart this device before running the installer."  If it was requiring a restart before I could continue, why didn't it show this message instead of the other one to begin with.  Would have saved a lot of time.  Anyway,  after having so many problems with the deployments and having to run them up to four or five different times, I thought maybe it was because I was running so many deployments at the same time from the same network location.  So I started just doing them one at a time, but still ran into the same problems.  I guess I am just curious if other admins are having the same issue and if I should mention it to Autodesk so that they can improve the process.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AnnGuo
in reply to: shastu

Dear customer, 

We are looking into this issue now, will update to you once we get progress.

Meanwhile, which system do you use, Windows 10 English or Windows 11 English? and could you help to collect installation log file with tool from here https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-Use-the-Log... and share with us? 

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 8

Dear customer, 

I tried to create deployment for AutoCAD Mechanical 2024 & Inventor Professional 2024.2 & Vault Basic 2024.2,  then install this deployment image on multi machines at the same time, not ran into error during whole installation process, after installation complete, there is a  restart requirement.

Could you help to re-create the deployment image and try to install it again? sorry for inconvenience.

Message 4 of 8
Simon_Weel

Sounds familiar. Although all pc's we have are the same make and model and run the same Windows installation, they all act differently when installing a deployment with AutoCAD, Revit, ReCap, Navisworks and 3DS. Some machines install without problems and pretty fast, while others take hours to install and / or throw errors. The worst part it's really difficult to figure out what's going on. There's plenty log files, but most info is useless. So trial and error it is...

Instead of creating one deployment for all, you could create separate deployments for each program. Then use an overall script to install the lot. If one installation fails, you don't have to retry installing the whole bunch.

I've ranted about the ODIS installer before - it's just not as robust (yet?) as the 'old' installer method.

Message 5 of 8
shastu
in reply to: AnnGuo

Most of my machines are still Windows 10,  I think I only had one that was Windows 11 but it had the same issues.  I tried clicking on the link that you provided in your post, and it couldn't find the page for some reason.

Message 6 of 8
AnnGuo

Dear customer,

There is a redundant comma at the end of above link, please try to download log file collection tool again from https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-Use-the-Log...

A zip file will be generated after running this tool and the file will be saved on desktop by default, please help to share it to us, we will review these log files to try to find some clue, thanks in advance.

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 7 of 8
shastu
in reply to: AnnGuo

This happens to be the one machine that was a windows 11 but hopefully it will still get you what you need.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
maxDQ7PY

I have encountered the same issue since 2023 and with 2024

I try every time I came across a new environment to deploy multiple products (ie. AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault) sometimes Nastran as well with no success. It seems that when installing single products it always wants a restart between products before continuing. Maybe that's the issue with one image multiple products 

New one I got today related to service Autodesk Desktop Licensing and multiple licensing updates being available but not installed

So for now I will continue with individual products until I can be convinced that it works  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report