Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
luca.buoninconti
537 Views, 4 Replies

Connection error

Hi, I'm installing 3ds max on my Mac using Windows7/Parallels but, during the first run of the, in the "Let's Get Started" window I can't enter my serial number (I got a teacher license) 'cause no new window appears. If I try to sign in, the "Connection Error" window appears and I can not do anything (the "Try again" button brings me to the "Connection error" window).

Please, help me!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@luca.buoninconti

Welcome to the community...

Mostly when you see this message..  Its linked to an incorrect time aspect on your computer operating system (or perhaps Autodesk is having an issue at their end which we can't do anything about)..   See this article and its solutions.  Good luck and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately the problem is not solved, I hope it is a temporary problem with the Autodesk servers; I'll try again in the next few days 🙂

Message 4 of 5

Hello @luca.buoninconti,

You can also check the proxy settings in this article. Establish an Internet connection to continue"

You can try a manual activation offline to activate instead. 

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5

Hi, thanks for your answer!

Without making any setting change, now 3ds max works!

I tried to start the program as an administrator, and this time it worked!

Thanks again for the time you spent to answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report