Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.

Installation & Licensing

Accepted Solution

Connection error

34 Views, 4 Replies
03-20-2017 04:18 AM

Hi, I'm installing 3ds max on my Mac using Windows7/Parallels but, during the first run of the, in the "Let's Get Started" window I can't enter my serial number (I got a teacher license) 'cause no new window appears. If I try to sign in, the "Connection Error" window appears and I can not do anything (the "Try again" button brings me to the "Connection error" window).

Please, help me!

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your answer!

Without making any setting change, now 3ds max works!

I tried to start the program as an administrator, and this time it worked!

Thanks again for the time you spent to answer.
Post 2 of 5

Re: Connection error

03-20-2017 04:26 AM in reply to: luca.buoninconti

@luca.buoninconti

Welcome to the community...

Mostly when you see this message..  Its linked to an incorrect time aspect on your computer operating system (or perhaps Autodesk is having an issue at their end which we can't do anything about)..   See this article and its solutions.  Good luck and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

, Certified Professional in Autodesk Inventor 2014/2015/Exam & AutoCAD 2014 and not an Autodesk Employee

Installation | Autodesk Virtual Agent | Autodesk Register Once | Activation/Chat | Microsoft FixitDesktop Sub-Grant User Access | Error 1603 | Autodesk Med Resolu LibrayInventor Reset | Screencast

Kudos is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

03-20-2017 08:59 AM in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately the problem is not solved, I hope it is a temporary problem with the Autodesk servers; I'll try again in the next few days :)

Highlighted
Post 4 of 5

03-20-2017 02:07 PM in reply to: luca.buoninconti

Hello @luca.buoninconti,

You can also check the proxy settings in this article. Establish an Internet connection to continue"

You can try a manual activation offline to activate instead. 

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Natasha Laureiro

Helpful Links: Prepare your computer for download |  Autodesk Virtual Agent | Clean Uninstall 

03-22-2017 07:42 AM in reply to: natashal84

Hi, thanks for your answer!

Without making any setting change, now 3ds max works!

I tried to start the program as an administrator, and this time it worked!

Thanks again for the time you spent to answer.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post