Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2013 student license

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
566 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3d 2013 student license

I am currently taking civil engineering at college. My college uses Autocad Civil 3d 2013 and I would like to know if it is possible to acquire a student license for Civil 3d 2013 as there are compatibility issues with Civil 3d 2014 (They would not be able to mark assignments edited in 2014).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

No as a student you are unable to have the 2013 version for the following 2 reasons.

1.  The 2013 product lines is retied and no longer supported by Autodesk.

2.  Students license are only for the current release (2017) and 3 legacy versions (2014-2016).

Also I'm not a Civil3D user or expert.  I know there is compatibility issues in the newer versions of Civil 3D but not sure if you had 2014 and the school had 2013 if you would have a problem.

Why isn't your school upgrading?  If is a qualified educational institution they can can the latest version..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

@Mark.Lancaster is correct, you cannot get the 2013 license as a student. That being said, the school should've updated their version of the software. Depending on their contract, you maybe using the Educational Master Suite which should expire soon, then they will also be forced to upgrade to a newer version. 

Civil 3D is not backwards compatible with regard to AEC content ( intelligent information ), but you can export all of the objects as AutoCAD lines, circles, arcs & text...

So if your teacher grade work by reviewing the civil 3d objects (grading, corridors, profiles, etc.) then there's nothing you can do. Otherwise, you could use any version then export the file as a vanilla AutoCAD dwg file. To export, go to Application Menu > Export > Export Civil 3D Drawing

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report