Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant open maya 2016 - says license not obtained but I have a license

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1356 Views, 4 Replies

Cant open maya 2016 - says license not obtained but I have a license

I recently purchased a monthly subscription for Maya 2016 and just began the 30 Day free trial.

I installed maya 2016 but it would not open at all because there was an issue with the 'synColor' package.

I decided to uninstall and try reinstalling the program. I entered the serial number in my account but now when I try to open maya it says:

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2016 (657H1 2016.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

I have a license so I'm not sure what's happening....?
Any help here would be appreciated, my project is time sensitive and I need to start working.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. You need to delete your old licensing information, as the program is still looking at the trial license. To do this, remove the Trusted Storage file (Licensing) located in these areas:

On Vista or Windows 7/8/10:

• C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data
  • C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data.backup

On Windows XP:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data.backup

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks for your reply! I actually have a Mac, any info on how to delete it on Mac OSX?
Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

That's why its important to share that info up front..  Smiley Wink

I'm not a Maya or Mac OS user..  May want to look here...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
kernse
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hello, I am having a very similar issue. I have downloaded a student license on my macbook pro, late 2011 with el capitan running on it. I have gone through several threads and tried everything so far. So far I have tried deleting the .env file, deleted all maya and autodesk files, tried doing the clean uninstall, however when I type in the command that is listed in some of the solutions, it says something like "no directory". I do have adobe products on this computer and it says not to even try that method since it will result in issues from them. I used to have 2017 running on this computer completely fine, but needed 2016 and was told that to have 2016 I needed to delete all of my 2017 files, so now I cannot get either one. I really hope someone can help me. I have copied and pasted the error message I am receiving below. 

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2016 (657H1 2016.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Thanks, to anyone who can help me solve this issue. 

Stephen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report