Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot immediately Xref/insert wblock'd info

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
blloyd
162 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot immediately Xref/insert wblock'd info

Hello, all. Here's the scenario. Win2K Server, Win2K Pro workstation w/AutoCAD 2002, 100Mbps LAN. Immediately after wblocking info to a file the workstation that wblock'd the info cannot xref/insert said file, unless 1)the new file is opened and saved, or 2)the workstation quits AutoCAD and restarts it. Now, the weird thing is, the file does show up in the AutoCAD Xref and Insert diaglog boxes, but to no avail; when you try to finish the command it still says the file doesn't exist. Kind of sounds like a network glitch, but I think if the diaglog boxes can see the file on the server then I should be able to xref/insert the file. Sure would like to hear any and all ideas, suggestions, incantations, spells, etc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: blloyd

It seems like I've had this happen, but I can't seem to reproduce it right now. I've always written it off to busy server as I don't
think I've ever been able to do it repeatedly (and the server that I've been using lately is a piece of junk). I'll keep playing
with it and let you know.

jason martin
assistant idiot
frankfurt-short-bruza
www.fsb-ae.com/acadnetwork/acadnetworkfaq.htm

"balloyd66" wrote in message news:f08bb05.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hello, all. Here's the scenario. Win2K Server, Win2K Pro workstation w/AutoCAD 2002, 100Mbps LAN. Immediately after wblocking info
to a file the workstation that wblock'd the info cannot xref/insert said file, unless 1)the new file is opened and saved, or 2)the
workstation quits AutoCAD and restarts it. Now, the weird thing is, the file does show up in the AutoCAD Xref and Insert diaglog
boxes, but to no avail; when you try to finish the command it still says the file doesn't exist. Kind of sounds like a network
glitch, but I think if the diaglog boxes can see the file on the server then I should be able to xref/insert the file. Sure would
like to hear any and all ideas, suggestions, incantations, spells, etc.
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report