Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the free version of Maya be used like this?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
342 Views, 2 Replies

Can the free version of Maya be used like this?

So my partner and I want to learn how to make games, he is learning to code and I am learning 3d modelling. I do not take part in a course or anything I just want to self learn. Neither of us plan on releasing any games we just want to make one for our own personal enjoyment, we also don't plan on working in this field. 

Just in case it isn't clear, I do not currently have Maya, I had my eye on Blender but Maya just seems more comfortable.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

In order to obtain a free educational/student license from Autodesk you must be currently signed up and attending a qualified educational institution.  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/education-program/who-can-join/eligibility-edu-institutions

Self learning is not a qualified educational institution so you will have to purchase a commercial license at this point.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't forget to look at Maya LT - limited modelling with no rendering, at a cheaper cost than the full program.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report