Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't uninstall autocad lt in order to install purchased license

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5420 Views, 4 Replies

Can't uninstall autocad lt in order to install purchased license

Hi,

I tried a trial version of both Autocad Lt 2015 and Revit LT2015, and then tried to uninstall both before buying and installing Revit Lt 2015 suite. I managed  to reinstall Revit LT 2015 after many attempts and following the "Performing a Clean Uninstall" . Now my serial number is getting an error code  1- invalid serial #. I'm not as worried resolving this one right now.

but with Autocad Lt 2015, it is showing the program is already installed when I go to install it (greyed out install button), but the program is not listed as an installed program in the program  file  for install/uninstall programs and does not have a shortcut either. I have tried manually deleting all files, including the registry and temp folders. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

It is possible that you did not need to uninstall anything.

If this is stand-alone rather than network, you might have been able to go to Help>About (product)>Product Information and simply change the Serial Number and then Activate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-pr...

For all other installation problems carefully consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility at your own risk. For more information on this program, please thoroughly read my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

You are right, I should have just used a new activation key. But, for the Revit LT 2015, I was getting an error for installing one of the format sized families, so I thought by uninstalling I could avoid that issue. Unfortunately, that would have been much more easily resolved, I think. But, I'm way past that now

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

The Microsoft Fixit wound up doing the trick. I had tried this several times before, but was not successful for some reason, but it worked this time 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report