Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Inventor Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
leonvanrijn
1403 Views, 2 Replies

Can't install Inventor Pro

Hi guys,

I recently bought a new laptop but now I struggle with installing Inventor. (Eduational License)

My specs are better than recommended so that shouldn't be the problem.

When I try to start Inventor after installation I get the message as in the attachment. I've tried installing Inventor 2014, tried troubleshooting it, re"installed it, after that deeted everything completety and installed 2013 and I still get the same error.

Anyone got the solution?

Specs:

Windows 8.1

16 GB DDR3

Inter i7 processor 2,4 GHz

GeForce GT 745M, 4GB dedicated VRAM

Thanks in advance for helping!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: leonvanrijn

If you hit Alt Print Screen - you can capture just the dialog box and not the entire screen for attaching here.

I have seen special instructions for installation on Win 8.1 (a search might turn these up).

But at this point I think you will have to do a clean uninstall before attempting a new install.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean uninstall.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Clean Install
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17955581&linkID=9240617

Make sure you install Service Pack 1 and Update 2 for SP1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
leonvanrijn
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks a lot, this might help!

JJust 2 quick questions about the service pack

1. For Inventor 2014 i can only find SP1, I can't find SP1.1, is it correct that this is only aplicable for 2013?

2. Do I download and install Inventor first, or do I run the servicepack first? (Iguess the first option)

Thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report