Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Inventor 2015 - Says installed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rossryk
275 Views, 4 Replies

Can't install Inventor 2015 - Says installed

I have been trying to install Inventor for the past few days.  I originally tried to install it and it got interrupted.  Now it says Inventor is installed, and it is not.  I've have done everything.  I have uninstalled it from the Autodesk Uninstall Tool, I have tried to delete any residual content, and it does not work.  I've seen other posts about removing AutoCAD registry, but I don't know what registry to delete to fully remove Inventor.

I'm kind of at my wits end.  I don't understand why it won't work.  Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: rossryk

Hello ryker.ross and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need help uninstalling - or have issues that may be addressed by uninstalling - an Autodesk product. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful: The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Uninstalling a Product

Once your product is uninstalled, please try downloading your Autodesk Software using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5
rossryk
in reply to: Otto

I've done that all.  Still does not work.  I've deactivated my firewalls and have tried to download the program through the agent and through the browser.  Regardless of what I do, the installation fails and tells me I have it installed.  

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rossryk

@rossryk

Welcome to the community..

@Anonymous.ross wrote:

I've done that all.  Still does not work. 

I disagree with that statement..  Smiley Very Happy  If you followed the steps that OTTO provided about uninstalling there is a section in that link that tells you to use the Microsoft Fixit and if you did you would've been able to install the program..

So..   Perform a clean uninstall per these instructions.  Make sure to follow and repeat the steps for Microsoft Fixit.  Just make sure to adjust settings if you have other Autodesk products already installed/working on your machine. 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
rossryk
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Guess I did't know there was a specific program for that.  I guess it was just referring to uninstalling it through windows.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report