Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download Material library for Revit 2017

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
lucas.cox
21017 Views, 26 Replies

Can't Download Material library for Revit 2017

Ive been trying to download revit for about 3 weeks now and evry time i try and dowload the Low Image material library it will get to a certain MB, then it will show (connecting) on the status bar and wont do anything else. Ive tryed to let it sit on (connecting) over night and nothing had changed.   

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: lucas.cox

If you are having problems downloading your 2017 software from your Autodesk Accounts page or from the Trial version, then please see this list of downloads provided here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/community-downloads/td-p/6314550

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 27
jjensen

Having the same issue with Autocad MEP 2017 FAB content.  Any Advice?

Message 4 of 27
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: jjensen

@jjensen

I wouldn't consider your issue that same as the original poster.  They were having download failures while installing the software.  You have your softwar already installed and have a totally different issue.  Smiley Wink

I'm not a security signature expert but it sounds like you got some issues in that regards..  @TravisNave any ideas?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yeah, I can't say I have seen this one in particular either.  It could either be a digital signature issue, that can be easily turned off by right-clicking the launch icon and choosing Enable/Disable Digital Signal Icons and unchecking the box then rebooting.   Or maybe a problem with the internet connection to Autodesk proxy servers.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 27
jjensen
in reply to: TravisNave

Tried the the Uncheced box and reboot, didn't change.  Had a look at the proxy server; that is a negative as well.

Message 7 of 27
rp6207

Did you find a solution?

I tried to do the seperate download as suggested however it just came up with errors.

Can someone please help me as its been siting like this for two days. I have restarted my computer and tried all sorts. it gets to this stage then doesnt make any progress

Message 8 of 27
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rp6207

@rp6207

I think your issue is failing due to the method you're using..  If you did follow the steps for a separate download you wouldn't be seeing a dialog stating connecting...

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 27
a00749294
in reply to: TravisNave

i used the links you mentioned, but they wont open anything, its a blank page with this on top left "An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #50.34a0db17.1474585216.3e96dbe"

i've been trying to install Revit 2017 and the only thing missing is the Autodesk Material Library 2017, but it has been 2 days and it still says connecting, i have a 100mbps internet and my computer is connected to an ethernet cable, so my internet is not the problem

what can i do with this?

Message 10 of 27
LasseRissanen
in reply to: a00749294

Same problem here. Download's not working.

Message 11 of 27
SarahECook
in reply to: a00749294

I am having the exact same problem and I have tried everything I can think of.  All past versions are uninstalled.  I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the entire 2017 package and it always gets stuck at the materials library says [4 of 5 or 268 of 113 complete] and then in the upper corner says connecting.  I have tried turning the sleep mode off on my computer, running no other programs during install including no other devices on my internet.  Nothing works.  Revit crashes the second I try to access the materials library or change the materiality of a component etc. 

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!

PLEASE HELP!

Message 12 of 27

Exact same problem here. 268mb in, it stops and says "Connecting..." I followed all of the instructions above, but nothing works.
Message 13 of 27

Hi Mark,

Is this a complete installation of Revit? I have Revit installed and am using it without any materials. I want to avoid downloaded the software again if I can. Is it possible to download just the material library the way you describe in your post?

Thanks.

-S

Message 14 of 27
R.wever
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

i downloaded al three parts of revit LT 2017 but when i double click on the 'Revit_LT_2017_G1_R1_Win_64bit_dlm_001_003.sfx' it shows up step 4. but when i click 'ok' it starts to initialize. after that the pop-up goes away and nothing happens

Message 15 of 27
pavilionconsult

I had a similar problem and I was able to resolve it. I am glad to provide the procedures that I followed that solved the issue. 

1) UNINSTALL THE AUTODESK 2017 MATERIAL LIBRARY

I know the material library is not installed, but some contents of it are registered in the program files. The best way to full uninstall such contents is by:

Open the Autodesk Uninstall Tool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Uninstall Tool\R1\UninstallTool.exe

Then uninstall all Autodesk Material Library 2017

2) ACCESS THE AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL FREE SOFTWARE

One major thing that I realised is that, installing directly (Install now) from the website installed successfully Autodesk Revit but not the library, instead, ensure you choose the option of DOWNLOAD NOW. This will use the Autodesk download manager, with this, all content of the installation will be downloaded. After the installation is completed, then open and install, the material library will be successfully installed

NB: Do not download using BROWSER DOWNLOAD option, this will not download all the installation files. 

I hope this is helpful? 

Message 16 of 27

Thank you sooooooooooooo MUCH!!!!!!!!!! It works, you are such a genius!!!

Message 17 of 27
porscha83
in reply to: pavilionconsult

Yes!  Best advice ever....you just saved my life!  Thanks!

Message 18 of 27
pavilionconsult

I am happy the procedures and the tips have been helpful. Thank you for your feedbacks
Message 19 of 27

Hello,

I can't instal the Autodesk Material Library too.

In my computer dont have the Autodesk Material Library in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Uninstall Tool\R1\UninstallTool.exe.

What can I do now? I

Regards

Janine

Message 20 of 27
a.haj.hu
in reply to: pavilionconsult

where do i find this DOWNLOAD NOW thing. Can you link me or show me please 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report